May was an interesting month for me in terms of stashbusting, since I actually bought a fair amount of new yarn this month but I also achieved both of my monthly goals. So without further ado…
- I finally went through my stash and photographed unused skeins that I would trade or sell! And, uploaded the pictures into my stash on Ravelry! To you, this may not seem deserving of multiple exclamation points, but since I’ve been planning to do that since December, I think it is worthy of celebration. (I will credit FreshStitches for making it seem like it would be worthwhile in this post.)
- I launched my Holiday Stashdown Challenge. I’m planning to make as many winter holiday gifts as possible using stash throughout the year. In May, I finished one project, a hat for my friend JP in Malabrigo Rios in Glazed Carrot. (Ravelry project page is here.)
- I finished two small projects using stash as part of my Year of Projects, a hairpin lace coaster and a painted crochet trivet.
- I started a project using yarn I inherited from my grandmother. The yarn has been in our family for at least 22 years!
On the other hand….
- During my vacation, I visited four yarn shops and bought four skeins of yarn. I’m not feeling too bad about this, since it has been ages since I’ve gone yarn shopping and everything I bought isn’t available locally.
- I also bought three skeins of madelinetosh tosh merino light in Chartreuse to make a last minute Mother’s Day gift. I actually bought three skeins but only ended up needing two, and even though the yarn was super pretty, I returned the unused skein right away.
Stash: 7 new skeins – 2 used, 1 returned = 4 skeins
Marie: 6 (2 stashbusting plans launched, 3 crochet/knit projects finished, 1 crochet project started)
Yay, once again, I’m slightly victorious.
My goals for June:
- Finish at least two projects using stash yarn.
- List at least five skeins of yarn for sale in my Etsy shop.
- Continue working on my Holiday Stashdown Challenge. (Feel free to join in with me if you need some inspiration!)
- If I buy any yarn (which I might, because I’m planning on a project for myself and I’m not satisfied with what’s in the stash right now), start the project immediately and get at least half way through during the month.
Did you make any stashbusting progress last month?