Last week, I had a technical problem on my blog and I didn’t get to share two finished projects that I’m pretty excited about.
I’ve mentioned a few times that I’m the sponsor for Crochetlist‘s June charity challenge. I’m organizing a collection of pet blankets that will be donated to Bideawee for Adopt-A-Shelter-Cat month. I’ve sponsored charity challenges on Crochetlist in the past, but this time I wanted to do something extra. So back in April, I started swatching. A lot. My idea was to release an e-book including 30 crochet stitch patterns that work especially well for pet blankets. (Just in case someone was moved to make one blanket each day during the month.)
Twenty-one wonderful Ravelers tested these patterns during April and May, and I was able to self-publish 30 Purrfect Stitches for Pet Blankets on time. I’m donating all of the profits (excluding the fees from Craftsy, Etsy, PayPal, and/or Ravelry) to Bideawee, and I’m happy to report that I’ve already raised more than I expected in the first week. The e-book includes 20 crochet and 10 Tunisian crochet stitch patterns, which can, of course, be used for other types of projects. If you like crochet stitch guides or are passionate about treating animals humanely, please check it out!
My other finished project was actually a restart of the cabled knit hat I started designing in March during Knit and Crochet Design Week.
I wasn’t satisfied with the decreases on this version, so I decided to restart the design by making another version as an eventual holiday gift for my friend, JP, as part of my Holiday Stashdown Challenge.
My friend is really an “orange person,” so I think she will love it.
The pattern is just finishing up testing, and it will be included in a charity calendar. It’s the first knitting pattern I’ve written, and I’m excited that my debut is supporting a great cause.
For more finished objects, visit Tami’s Amis.