Confession time: I’ve done almost nothing YOP-related this week. I haven’t even looked at my socks for days, and I stalled after making 3 blocks for my mom’s milestone birthday blanket.
Instead, I was inspired to do some swatching for design submissions. Nothing that I can share yet, but hopefully somethings that will eventually be published.
So I thought I’d take a moment to look at my progress towards completing my YOP list:
- Crochet 52 granny squares for charity. 14 completed, 38 more to go.
- Knit my first complete pair of socks. Pattern selected, making two-at-a-time, and now shaping gussets.
- Make my mom a special bedspread for her milestone birthday. Motif designs merged, yarn for center purchased, 3 motifs completed, 45 more to go.
- Learn to spin. No real progress, but I recently received some fiber that I won in this giveaway from Farmable Fiber.
- Design my own Bruges lace pattern.
- Learn overlay crochet.
- Create my own hairpin lace pattern.
- Try double knitting.
- Try domino (modular) knitting.
- Make a small project inspired by Pop Knitting: Bold Motifs Using Color & Stitch.
- Learn knit entrelac.
- Design a crochet lace shawl pattern or recipe for my DC 37 crochet class students. This is one of the designs I’ve been working on for the past week. It will also be published as a freebie pattern by Galler Yarns when it is finished :).
I hope you all had a more productive week than I did! For more YOP posts, visit Come Blog-a-long on Ravelry.