- I made a Bruges lace scarf with a skein of super cool stash yarn.
- I made a bathroom rug with cotton fabric cut into yarn that had been in my stash for at least 4 years… and won some metals in the Ravellenic Games.
- I tried something different this month. Instead of buying yarns in the appropriate colors for my September swap gifty for A Swap A Month, I traded and bought partial skeins on Ravelry instead. So rather than ending up with three new skeins of yarn, I ended up with three partial skeins of yarn that should be close to exactly what I need for my project.
On the other hand…
I guess it’s pretty obvious that the stash won this month! I brought in 25 skeins and 3 partial skeins, and only finished off 3 skeins.
- Lately, I’ve been craving new yarn. I’ve been fighting the urge to buy new yarns online or run into Knitty City for a quick haul. I know that I’ll be going to a fiber festival in September, so I vow to be reasonable with my purchases – I’m setting a budget limit as well as a 3 skein limit.
- I’ve finally found a local charity online that seems interested in yarn donations. I will contact them and hopefully move out a large amount of yarn.
- This may be wishful thinking, but I’d like to spend more time crocheting and knitting this month! If I do, I shouldn’t have a problem busting through some stash.
For more stash adventures, visit the Surmount the Stash group on Ravelry.