I’m releasing a new free crochet pattern every week through December. Each one can be made with 3 skeins of yarn or less, and would make a great gift (for someone else, or as a reward to yourself for all of your holiday crafting!).
This post contains affiliate links. The yarn for the sample was generously provided by Lion Brand.
Today’s pattern is the Glimmer Glamour Scarf. This skinny scarf is crocheted with a metallic yarn that adds some pizzazz to your outfit. Made with just two skeins of Lion Brand Vanna’s Glamour yarn, this scarf can be styled several ways. This project crochets up quickly and the traveling bobble v-stitch pattern will keep you on your toes and add a little texture.
I checked out the great tutorials for scarf styling over at Scarves Dot Net, and I’m including a few of my favorites for this scarf.
There’s the Girly Windsor…
…and the Carmen Miranda…
…and the Loop and Tuck or the Loose Wrap (right).
This scarf also gave me a chance to share another #scarfie – Lion Brand‘s hashtag for a scarf-wearing selfie.
Glimmer Glamour Scarf
Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
Add some pizzazz to any outfit with this textured skinny scarf crocheted with just 2 skeins of metallic yarn.
- Adult: 67” (170 cm) long x 4” (10 cm) wide after blocking.
- Lion Brand Vanna’s Glamour (96% acrylic/4% polyester, 1.75 oz/50 g, 202 yd/185 m) – 1 skein ea in 150 Platinum (CA) and 195 Rhinestone Pink (CB), or approximately 202 yd (185 m) each in CA and CB in any light weight, metallic yarn.
- US G-6/4 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- 19 sts x 13 rows in pattern = 4” (10 cm) before blocking. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern (✪ see Special Stitch Patterns, below)
- CA – Color A
- CB – Color B
- bob – bobble✪
- bob-v-st – bobble v-st✪
- cdc – crossed dc✪
- ch – chain
- dc – double crochet
- ea – each
- rep – repeat
- sc – single crochet
- sk – skip
- sp(s) – space(s)
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- v-st – v-stitch✪
- yo – yarn over
- * Rep instructions after asterisk as indicated.
Special Stitch Patterns
- bob – bobble – (Yo, insert hook in st, yo and draw up a loop, yo and draw through 2 loops) 4 times, yo and draw through 5 loops on hook.
- bob-v-st – bobble v-st – (Bob, ch 1, bob) in same st or sp.
- cdc – crossed dc – Sk next st, dc in next st, dc in skipped st. (Worked over 2 sts.)
- v-st – v-stitch – (Dc, ch 1, dc) in indicated st or sp.
- Change color in last yo of last st in row as indicated.
- This scarf uses almost exactly 1 skein of yarn in each color. If your gauge is different than indicated, you may use more yarn. One way to conserve yarn and keep this a 2 skein project is to use a smaller bob in your bob v-st (with 3 repeats instead of 4).
- With CA, ch 303. (Alternately, start with 302 foundation sc sts and sk Row 1.)
- Row 1: Turn, sk 1 ch, sc in next ch and ea ch across. (302 sts)
- Row 2: Turn, ch 3 (counts as dc here and throughout), *(sk 1 st, v-st in next st, sk 1 st) 4 times, sk 1 st, bob-v-st in next st, sk 1 st; rep from * across to last st, dc in last st changing to CB.
- Row 3: Turn, ch 3, v-st in next ch-1 sp, *bob-v-st in next ch-1 sp, v-st in next 4 ch-1 sps; rep from * across to last 4 ch-1 sps; bob-v-st in next ch-1 sp, v-st in last 3 ch-1 sps, dc in last st changing to CA.
- Row 4: Turn, ch 3, v-st in next 2 ch-1 sps, *bob-v-st in next ch-1 sp, v-st in next 4 ch-1 sps; rep from * across to last 2 ch-1 sps, v-st in last 2 ch-1 sps, dc in last st changing to CB.
- Row 5: Turn, ch 1, sc in same st and in ea st and ch-1 sp across.
- Row 6: Turn, ch 3, cdc across to last st, dc in last st.
- Row 7: Turn, ch 1, sc in same st and in ea st across.
- Row 8: Rep Row 6.
- Row 9: Rep Row 7, changing to CA.
- Row 10: Turn, ch 3, sk 1 st, v-st in next st, *sk 1 st, bob-v-st in next st, sk 1 st,** (sk 1 st, v-st in next st, sk 1 st) 4 times; rep from * across to last 13 sts; rep from * to ** once, (sk 1 st, v-st next st, sk 1 st) 3 times, dc in last st changing to CB.
- Row 11: Turn, ch 3, v-st in ea of next 3 ch-1 sp, *bob-v-st in next ch-1 sp, v-st in next 4 ch-1 sps; rep from * across to last 2 ch-1 sps; bob-v-st in next ch-1 sp, v-st in last ch-1 sp, dc in last st changing to CA.
- Row 12: Turn, ch 3, v-st in next 4 ch-1 sp, *bob-v-st in next ch-1 sp, v-st in next 4 ch-1 sps; rep from * across to last ch-1 sp; bob-v-st in last ch-1 sp, dc in last st.
- Row 13: Rep Row 5. Fasten off.
- With yarn needle, weave in ends. Spray block if necessary.
1 thought on “Crochet Pattern: Glimmer Glamour Scarf”