Welcome to the Mystery Scarf Blog Hop CAL/Design Improv Workshop! You can find out more about this CAL here. Don’t forget to use hashtag #DIW2 when sharing online and link up your projects to the pattern here on Ravelry!
If you’ve been following along with the CAL so far, you’ve already completed Section 1 with Stitches’N’Scraps and Section 2 with American Crochet. I’m delighted to share Section 3 with you today!
This post contains affiliate links.
Each designer is using their own yarn and hook and this is a “gauge optional” project, so we are seeing a lot of variety already! I toyed with the idea of using a solid color since it’s a mystery project and that seemed the safer choice, but this beautiful skein of Miss Babs Yowza — Whatta Skein in Violets in the Grass kept calling to me.
I paired it up with my new Shepherd’s Custom Woodworking hook (reviewed here) in size J because I’m a tight stitcher. I’m so glad I stuck with my guns because this yarn is so beautiful! Here’s my scarf through Section 2.
So, are you ready for the next section?
#DIW2 Mystery Scarf Blog Hop CAL Section 3
Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
Choose your own hook and yarn for this mystery crochet-a-long!
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern (✪ see Special Stitch Patterns, below)
- bob – 3-dc bobble✪
- cdc – crossed double crochet✪
- ch – chain
- dc – double crochet
- FPsc – front post single crochet✪
- hdc – half double crochet
- rep – repeat
- sc – single crochet
- sk – skip
- sp – space
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- yo – yarn over
- * Rep instructions after asterisk as indicated.
Special Stitch Patterns
- bob – 3-dc bobble – (Yo, insert hook in st, yo and pull up a loop, yo and draw through 2 loops) 3 times in same st, yo and draw through all 4 loops on hook.
- cdc – crossed double crochet – Sk 1 st, dc in next st, dc in skipped st.
- FPsc – front post single crochet – Insert hook from front around back to front of bob in previous row, yo and draw up a loop, yo and draw through 2 loops, sk st behind FPsc.
- Section 1 through Row 5 by Pia Thadani.
- Section 2 through Row 10 by Mistie Bush.
- Row 11: Ch 3 (counts as dc), cdc across row to last st, dc in last st. (40 sts)
- Row 12: Ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in next st, sk 2 sts, [(dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc) in next st, sk 4 sts] 3 times, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next st, [sk 4 sts, (dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc) in next st)] 3 times, sk 3 sts, dc in last 2 sts.
- Row 13: Ch 1, sc in first 2 sts, *sc in next st, hdc in ch-1 sp, bob in next st, hdc in ch-1 sp, sc in next st,** rep from * twice more, sc in next 2 sts, 2 bob in ch-2 sp, sc in next 2 sts, rep from * to ** 3 times, sc in last 2 sts.
- Row 14: Ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in next st, *dc, hdc, FPsc, hdc, dc;** rep from * twice more, dc in next 2 sts, FPsc around next 2 sts, dc in next 2 sts, rep from * to ** 3 times, dc in last 2 sts.
- Row 15: Rep Row 11.
I hope you enjoyed this section! Don’t forget to share your pictures with hashtag #DIW2! You can join in on the conversation in the Google+ community or Ravelry group for this project, or you can chat in this thread in the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.
Don’t forget to visit Busting Stitches on April 7 for the next section!
Join us for the Mystery Scarf Blog Hop CAL! Follow the schedule below.
April 1: Stitches’N’Scraps by Pia Thadani @WhichCraft3 +StitchesNScraps.com
April 3: American Crochet by Mistie Bush @CrochetAmerican +MistieBush
April 5: Underground Crafter by Marie Segares (me!) @ucrafter +MarieSegares
April 7: Busting Stitches by Stacey Williams @BustingStitches +StaceyWilliams
April 9: The Crochet Lounge by “e” Lee @CrochetLounge +TheCrochetLounge
April 11: Knot your Nana’s Crochet by Teri Heathcote @KYNC2010 +KnotYourNana’sCrochet
April 13: Crochet Chiq by Mary Kathryn @CrochetChiq +CrochetChiq
April 15: Crochet Memories by Cylinda Mathews @crochetmemories +CylindaMathews
April 17: TBD / Catch up day
April 19: KatiDCreations by Kati Donahue @KatiDCreations +KatiDonahue
April 21: Crochet for you by Erangi Udeshika @erangi_udeshika +ErangiUdeshika
4 thoughts on “#DIW2 Mystery Scarf Blog Hop CAL Section 3”