Welcome to the Mystery Scarf Blog Hop CAL/Design Improv Workshop! You can find out more about this CAL here. Don’t forget to use hashtag #DIW2 when sharing online and link up your projects to the pattern here on Ravelry!
This post contains affiliate links.
Each designer is using their own yarn and hook and this is a “gauge optional” project, so we are seeing a lot of variety already! I toyed with the idea of using a solid color since it’s a mystery project and that seemed the safer choice, but this beautiful skein of Miss Babs Yowza — Whatta Skein in Violets in the Grass kept calling to me.
I paired it up with my new Shepherd’s Custom Woodworking hook (reviewed here) in size J because I’m a tight stitcher. I’m so glad I stuck with my guns because this yarn is so beautiful! Here’s my scarf through Section 2.
So, are you ready for the next section?
#DIW2 Mystery Scarf Blog Hop CAL Section 3
Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern (✪ see Special Stitch Patterns, below)
- bob – 3-dc bobble✪
- cdc – crossed double crochet✪
- ch – chain
- dc – double crochet
- FPsc – front post single crochet✪
- hdc – half double crochet
- rep – repeat
- sc – single crochet
- sk – skip
- sp – space
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- yo – yarn over
- * Rep instructions after asterisk as indicated.
Special Stitch Patterns
- bob – 3-dc bobble – (Yo, insert hook in st, yo and pull up a loop, yo and draw through 2 loops) 3 times in same st, yo and draw through all 4 loops on hook.
- cdc – crossed double crochet – Sk 1 st, dc in next st, dc in skipped st.
- FPsc – front post single crochet – Insert hook from front around back to front of bob in previous row, yo and draw up a loop, yo and draw through 2 loops, sk st behind FPsc.
- Section 1 through Row 5 by Pia Thadani.
- Section 2 through Row 10 by Mistie Bush.
- Row 11: Ch 3 (counts as dc), cdc across row to last st, dc in last st. (40 sts)
- Row 12: Ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in next st, sk 2 sts, [(dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc) in next st, sk 4 sts] 3 times, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next st, [sk 4 sts, (dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc) in next st)] 3 times, sk 3 sts, dc in last 2 sts.
- Row 13: Ch 1, sc in first 2 sts, *sc in next st, hdc in ch-1 sp, bob in next st, hdc in ch-1 sp, sc in next st,** rep from * twice more, sc in next 2 sts, 2 bob in ch-2 sp, sc in next 2 sts, rep from * to ** 3 times, sc in last 2 sts.
- Row 14: Ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in next st, *dc, hdc, FPsc, hdc, dc;** rep from * twice more, dc in next 2 sts, FPsc around next 2 sts, dc in next 2 sts, rep from * to ** 3 times, dc in last 2 sts.
- Row 15: Rep Row 11.
I hope you enjoyed this section! Don’t forget to share your pictures with hashtag #DIW2! You can join in on the conversation in the Google+ community or Ravelry group for this project, or you can chat in this thread in the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.
Don’t forget to visit Busting Stitches on April 7 for the next section!