I usually post roundups on Friday, but this week I’m at a conference, so I decided to share another free pattern!
This crochet scrubby pattern was originally published on the Galler Yarns blog, which is no longer available. I made a few updates and now I’m sharing it here.
This textured scrubby is great for washing off dirt or just massaging your face after a long day. I’ve mentioned before that I love using cotton scrubbies and washcloths. They soften after washing in a way that store bought cloths don’t.
I prefer using organic cotton for scrubbies and washcloths. (To find out why, you may want to read this guest post on eco-friendly yarns.) Galler Yarns Inca Eco is a favorite organic cotton yarn, and it also uses low impact dyes, so its great for baby projects, too.
A set of these scrubbies makes a great baby shower gift, or package several with some special soaps as part of a spa basket for a friend.
This post contains affiliate links.
Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
- 4” (10 cm) across flat edges.
- Galler Yarns Inca Eco (100% organic cotton, 3.5 oz/100 g/140 yds/128 m) – 1 skein in Pistachio, or approximately 100 yds (91 m) in any medium weight yarn. (1 skein makes 4-6 hexagons.)
- H-8 (5 mm) crochet hook or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Finished Hexagon = 4” (10 cm) across flat edges in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
Crochet Essentials: Increase & Decreases, online course with Tamara Kelly on Craftsy!
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern
- ch – chain
- dc – double crochet
- ea – each
- pop – popcorn – 4 dc in same st, remove hook from loop, insert hook from front to back in first dc in group, pick up dropped loop and pull through loop on hook.
- rep – repeat
- Rnd(s) – Round(s)
- sc – single crochet
- sk – skip
- sl st – slip stitch
- sp – space
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- * Rep after asterisks as indicated.
- Ch 6, join with sl st to first ch to form ring.
- Rnd 1: Ch 5 (counts as dc + ch-2 sp), [(dc, pop, dc) in ring, ch 2] 5 times, (dc, pop) in ring, join with sl st to third ch of beginning ch 5. (18 sts + 6 ch-2 sp)
- Rnd 2: Sl st in ch-2 sp, ch 1, *(sc, ch 2, sc) in ch-2 sp, sc in next 3 sts; rep from * around, join with sl st to first sc. (30 sts + 6 ch-2 sp)
- Rnd 3: Sl st in ch-2 sp and in next st, ch 3 (counts as dc), *(pop in next st, dc in next st) twice, ch 2, sk ch-2 sp,** dc in next st; rep from * around, ending last rep at **, join with sl st to top of first ch 3. (30 sts + 6 ch-2 sp)
- Rnd 4 Ch 1, sc in first st and in next 4 sts, *(2 sc, ch 2, 2 sc) in ch-2 sp,** sc in next 5 sts; rep from * around, ending last rep at **, join with sl st to top of first sc. Fasten off. (54 sts + 6 ch-2 sp)
- With yarn needle, weave in yarn tails.