On the weekends, I’m inviting some of my crochet, knitting, and crafty friends for a takeover of my Instagram account so they can share their talents with you. Since you can’t easily share links on Instagram, on Sunday night, I’ll share a roundup including links to all the patterns and projects featured in the takeover. So, are you ready for this week’s #undergroundcraftertakeover roundup?
This post contains affiliate links.
This week’s guest is crochet designer Mistie Bush from American Crochet, who shared 7 free crochet patterns with us. You can also find Mistie on Craftsy | Etsy | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | StumbleUpon | Twitter | YouTube.
- Mistie says, “Hi, my name is Mistie. I am a mother of 5 adorable children who keep me busy and brings me joy regularly. I am blessed and extremely fortunate to be a stay-at-home mom. I started crocheting in 2004 and started designing patterns in 2007. It did not take me long to realize that crocheting and designing was my passion! I am a designer and owner of American Crochet and a few other sites.” By the way, Mistie’s wearing the Flying Butterflies Poncho, a premium crochet pattern that you can buy on Ravelry.
- Mistie says, “This Christmas Tree Coaster will brighten up and protect your table this holiday season. Invited to a Holiday party? This Coaster will make a great hostess gift.” Get the free crochet pattern here.
- Mistie says, “I wasn’t really sure what to get my dad for Christmas this year so, I made him this beanie. I also made him a scarf to match. So keep an out eye for the scarf! I love the way it is reversible. One side has a ridged look and if you turn it inside out it, the other side has a smooth look.” Get the free crochet pattern for the RDH Marble Beanie here.
- Mistie says, “I made this scarf to match my dad’s “RDH” Marble Beanie. With the cold weather he wears it everywhere he goes and is always getting lovely compliments.” Get the free crochet pattern for the RDH Marble Scarf here.
- Mistie says, “Love how my fingerless arm warmers keep my hands warm! I have such a hard time with my hands being cold but not anymore! As you can see they are kind of long, but that is exactly the way I wanted them to be. However, they do not have to be this long. Fingerless mitts/gloves are a huge hit during this time of year, more so than others!” Get the free crochet pattern for Mistie’s Arm Warmers here.
- Mistie says, “I loved making this scarf using my friend’s special crochet stitch. It is one of my go-to scarves when weather permits.” Get the free crochet pattern for the Cranberry TMC Scarf here.
- Mistie says, “On one of my trips to visit family I stopped by the LYS in Texarkana, Texas and saw this Flutterby yarn. When I felt it, I knew it would make a great baby blanket. It’s soft as feathers or clouds fluttering by.” Get the free crochet pattern for the Flutterby Baby Blanket here.
- Mistie says, “My mother is a scarf fanatic just like me. So when I saw these colors I knew we had to have yet another scarf. So, I got enough yarn for us both to have matching scarves.” Get the free crochet pattern for the Mulkberry Scarf here.