On the weekends, I’m inviting some of my crochet, knitting, and crafty friends for a takeover of my Instagram account so they can share their talents with you. Since you can’t easily share links on Instagram, afterwards I’ll share a roundup including links to all the patterns and projects featured in the takeover. So, are you ready for this week’s #undergroundcraftertakeover roundup?
This post contains affiliate links.
This weekend’s guest was crochet designer and blogger, Carolyn Calderon from The Purple Poncho. I had the chance to meet Carolyn in person earlier this year when I was in Long Beach. She is delightful, in addition to being a talented designer. Carolyn shared 7 free crochet patterns and 2 premium patterns with us this weekend. You can find Carolyn on The Purple Poncho, as well as on Craftsy | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry.
- Carolyn says,”I’m Carolyn, the designer, blogger and instructor behind The Purple Poncho. I’ve been crocheting since I was very young and was taught how to crochet by my Grandma Mary who made me a “purple poncho.” I’ve been hooked ever since! Come by my blog and click around, I offer free patterns, premium patterns, Crochet Tips, Linky Ladies Party, and a feature called Flowers of the Month.”
- Carolyn says, “This is one of my most popular free crochet patterns on the blog – Timeless Boho Poncho. One size, fits most and is easily customizable with fringe or different edgings.”
- Carolyn says, “My Pretty In Pink Collection is available as a Bundle in my Ravelry shop – bogo.Buy the hat with fingerless gloves pattern and you’ll receive the matching scarf patternfor free by adding both patterns to your cart and the scarf will be discounted at check out. See the projects for other color options if pink isn’t your color.”
- Carolyn says, “The Seamist Infinity Scarf is incredibly soft and works up really fast, made with #redheartyarns in bulky weight yarn and fur. This was a fun crochet-a-long in the #12WeeksChristmasCAL.”
- Carolyn says, “The Island Breeze Bag is a casual yet elegant bag that is made from fabric strips in a chunky weight, so it’s fast to make which is a bonus! The color reminds me of the ocean and will soon become your favorite go to bag.”
- Carolyn says, “The houndstooth stitch is so full of texture and interest. I love this stitch and the design makes for a stylish dishcloth. These are simple and fun to make, and are a great way to use up left over yarn.” Get the free crochet pattern for the Houndstooth Dishcloth here.
- Carolyn says, “I love the chevron design and had to make a super scarf. The latest trend is the over sized scarf, perfect to keep you warm, being extra long and wide, and fun to make.” Get the free crochet pattern for the Chevron Super Scarf here.
- Carolyn says, “Barefoot Sandals make you feel so elegant and feminine when you wear them! These are made out of thread for that lacy and light feel on your feet. Great for the beach, dance class, yoga class, a beach wedding, or lounging by the pool!”
- Carolyn says, “Here’s my version of Color Pooling – Crochet Argyle Super Scarf, free pattern and other sources on the blog! The art of color pooling is fascinating to me, how does the yarn do that? It is an old technique, that uses variegated yarn and is making a come back. Here is my project after several attempts, and I’m glad I stuck with it.”
- Carolyn says, “My Misty Bay Hat combines an unusual cluster stitch to add interest to the texture, and the pattern offers a slouchy and a beanie option to fit your own style!”
1 thought on “Roundup: 9 Crochet Patterns by The Purple Poncho”
Thank you for featuring me and my designs!