Tapestry crochet is such a fun way to experiment with colors! It’s our focus for Week 3 of the New Year, New Skill crochet-a-long. This week features three different tapestry crochet patterns. (If you’re just hearing about the CAL, you can find more details and a regularly updated schedule here.)
This post contains affiliate links.
Week 3: Tapestry Crochet
Tapestry crochet uses simple stitches to create multi-color projects. Tapestry crochet allows you to use multiple colors in the same row by crocheting over the unused color. You can learn more about tapestry crochet here and find a roundup featuring 15 free tapestry crochet patterns here.
How to join the New Year, New Skill CAL
- Get the full schedule here. You can join in by crocheting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #calcentralcrochet on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join our Facebook or Ravelry groups.
- Each week, our featured designers will be available to answer questions in our groups and to share some of their other work with you.
- By the end of the CAL you’ll have up to 26 beautiful projects and will have learned or mastered 7 different skills.
New Year, New Skill Week 3 Patterns
Choose one (or more) of these patterns to help you learn or master tapestry crochet!
- Tapestry Crochet Squares for ABC Blocks with video tutorial by Rebeckah’s Treasures.
- Tapestry Spotted Cowl with photo tutorial by The Yarn & Hook.
- Leopard Heart Graph & Basic Drink Sleeve by Creative Threads by Leah.
1 thought on “New Year, New Skill CAL Week 3: Tapestry Crochet”