They say all good things must come to an end, and, as far as this crochet-a-long, at least, it turns out to be true. Week 7 is all about Hairpin Lace and this week features three patterns by three designers. (If you’re just hearing about the CAL, you can find more details and a regularly updated schedule here.)
This post contains affiliate links.
Week 7: Hairpin Lace
Hairpin lace is a crochet technique that requires the use of a special tool, often called a hairpin lace loom. Yarn is wrapped around the loom and turned into strips which can be joined in different configurations. You can read more about hairpin lace in this post, and you can find a review of the Clover Hair Pin Lace tool, my favorite hairpin lace loom, here.
How to join the New Year, New Skill CAL
- Get the full schedule here. You can join in by crocheting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #calcentralcrochet on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join our Facebook or Ravelry groups.
- Each week, our featured designers will be available to answer questions in our groups and to share some of their other work with you.
- By the end of the CAL you’ll have up to 26 beautiful projects and will have learned or mastered 7 different skills.
New Year, New Skill Week 7 Patterns
Choose one (or more) of these patterns to help you learn or master hairpin lace.
- Hairpin Lace Scarf with video tutorial by Naztazia.
- Braided Hairpin Lace Infinity Scarf with video tutorial by B.Hooked Crochet.
- Sunburst Hexagon Motif with photo tutorial by Speckless.