On the weekends, I’m inviting some of my crochet, knitting, and crafty friends for a takeover of my Instagram account so they can share their talents with you. Since you can’t easily share links on Instagram, on Sunday night, I’ll share a roundup including links to all the patterns and projects featured in the takeover. So, are you ready for this week’s #undergroundcraftertakeover roundup?
This week’s guest is Donna Wolfe, the multi-craft designer, blogger, author, and YouTuber known as Naztazia. You can find Donna on her website, Naztazia, or on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Ravelry, Twitter, and YouTube.
This post contains affiliate links.
Donna is also the author of Broomstick Lace Crochet: A New Look at a Vintage Stitch with 20 Stylish Designs. You can learn more about broomstick lace by listening to a special audio recording she prepared for Underground Crafter readers when her book came out here. Donna was generous enough to share six free crochet patterns (all with a video tutorial) with us this weekend.
- Donna says, “Crocheting around eggs is both fun and pretty. You can use size 10 crochet thread to decorate eggs for Spring or any time of the year.” Get the free crochet pattern and video tutorial for the Crochet Lace Eggs, made with Aunt Lydia crochet thread.
- Donna says, “Here’s a smaller handbag that is part bohemian, part evening bag, part flowers, part buttons, part tassels, and lots of fun.” Get the free crochet pattern and video tutorial for the Crochet Bohemian Clutch, made with nylon yarn by Red Heart Yarns.
- Donna says, “This blanket is extra sweet because it works up quickly using double crochet stitches and two strands of yarn held together. You can also blend yarn colors to create a softer effect when changing colors.” Get the free crochet pattern and video tutorial for the Crochet Double Sweet Ripple, made with Red Heart Super Saver.
- Donna says, “These slippers work up quickly using two strands of yarn held together. They are durable, soft and cozy. Plus with the addition of puffy paint or aquarium silicone on the bottom you can make them slip resistant.” Get the free crochet pattern and video tutorial for the Crochet Sweet Slippers, made with Red Heart Super Saver.
- Donna says, “This is a crochet version of the traditional ribbon Hana Kanzashi flowers from Japan. I wanted to replicate the beautiful satin ribbon hair ornaments Japanese women wear in their hair using yarn and a crochet hook. The flower is 3D (3 dimensional) but is nice and flat on the back, so it attaches easily to hats, scarves, handbags and more.” Get the free crochet pattern with video tutorial for the Crochet Kanzashi Flowers, made with Red Heart Super Saver.
- Donna says, “I love flowers! Here’s a nice multi-petal flower that looks great on a hat, scarf, shawl and more.” Get the free crochet pattern with video tutorial for the Crochet Flowing Flowers, made with Red Heart Super Saver.