This is the twenty-second pattern in the Knitted Kitchen Blog Hop: Learn A New Stitch Dishcloth Series 2017. In this post, you can find all the information you’ll need to follow along and get access to all 48 patterns.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Materials for the sample were generously provide by Lion Brand and Denise.
This week’s dishcloth features the grass stitch, one of my favorite single color slip stitch patterns.
I’ve previously used it to design the Grass Stitch Scarf.
It has a subtle texture.
How to join the Knitted Kitchen Blog Hop
- Follow the Knitted Kitchen Blog Hop here to get access to all included patterns.
- You can join in by knitting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #knittedkitchen on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other knitters, I have a special thread open here in my Ravelry group or you can join our new Facebook group.
- By the end of the blog hop, you’ll have up to 48 beautiful dishcloths. Use your dishcloths to:
- Learn new stitches from our tutorials,
- Decorate your kitchen and dining area,
- Get a head start on holiday gift giving (tip: coordinated sets make great gifts), and
- Have fun with us!
- Be sure to visit and follow the participating designers!
- Underground Crafter. Follow Marie (that’s me!) through her weekly newsletter or on Craftsy | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | StumbleUpon | Twitter | YouTube.
- Creative Crochet Workshop. Follow Joanita on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter.
- Stitches ‘N’ Scraps. Follow Pia on Craftsy | Facebook | G+ | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter.
- Craft Gossip: Knitting. Follow Sarah on Etsy | Facebook | G+ | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter | YouTube.
If you make your own Grass Stitch Dishcloth, I’d love to see it! Share your progress and questions by tagging me on Facebook as @Underground Crafter, Instragram as @ucrafter, or Twitter as @ucrafter. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a coupon code for your choice of one of my premium patterns and other subscriber goodies. Plus, you’ll never miss one of my free patterns again!
Add the Grass Stitch Dishcloth to your Ravelry favorites or queue.
Grass Stitch 12″ (30.5 cm) Dishcloth
Knitting Pattern by Underground Crafter
This simple, single-color slip stitch pattern creates a subtle texture. A video tutorial is available at the bottom of the pattern.
- 12″ (30.5 cm) square.
- Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton (100% mercerized cotton, 3.5 oz/100 g/186 yd/170 m) – 1 skein in 101 Pink, or approximately 186 yd (170 m) in any medium weight, cotton yarn.
- US Size 7/4.5 mm knitting needles, or any size needed to obtain gauge. (I used my Denise2Go Knitting for the Cure set for the sample and in the video.)
- Yarn needle.
- 18 sts = 4″ (10 cm) in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern
- BO – bind off
- CO – cast on
- k – knit
- p – purl
- rep – repeat
- RS – right (front) side
- sl 1 kw – slip 1 stitch knitwise with yarn in back
- sl 1 pw – slip 1 stitch purlwise with yarn in back
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- yo – yarn over
- * Rep instructions after asterisk as indicated.
- A video tutorial is available at the bottom of the pattern.
- Pattern repeat is any multiple of 4 sts. Instructions include 5 st borders on each side.
- CO 58 sts (or any multiple of 4 sts, + 10 for the borders).
- Border Row 1: Knit to last st, p1.
- Border Row 2: Sl 1 kw, k to last st, p1.
- Border Rows 3 & 4: Rep Border Row 2 twice.
Grass Stitch pattern
- Row 1: (RS) Sl 1 kw, k4, *k1, sl 1 pw, k1, yo, pass slipped st over (k1 + yo), k1; rep from * across to last 5 sts, k4, p1.
- Row 2: Sl 1 kw, k4, p across to last 5 sts, k4, p1.
- Rep Rows 1 & 2 until dishcloth measures approximately 11.5″ (29 cm), ending after Row 2.
- Rows 1-4: Rep Border Row 2 four times.
- BO in pattern for Border Row 2. Fasten off.
- With yarn needle, weave in ends.
© 2017 by Marie Segares (Underground Crafter). This pattern is for personal use only. You may use the pattern to make unlimited items for yourself, for charity, or to give as gifts. You may sell items you personally make by hand from this pattern. Do not violate Marie’s copyright by distributing this pattern or the photos in any form, including but not limited to scanning, photocopying, emailing, or posting on a website or internet discussion group. If you want to share the pattern, point your friends to this link: http://undergroundcrafter.com/2017/06/01/knitting-pattern-grass-stitch-dishcloth-with-video-tutorial. Thanks for supporting indie designers!
If you can’t see the video tutorial above, click here to watch it on YouTube.
2 thoughts on “Knitting Pattern: Grass Stitch Dishcloth”
Re-new knitter (used to knit, a l o n g time ago).
I like your video and am going to try you dish cloth pattern. Thanks for publishing public!