This is the thirty-first pattern in the Knitted Kitchen Blog Hop: Learn A New Stitch Dishcloth Series 2017. You can find all the information you’ll need to follow along, as well as regularly updated links to each of the 48 knitting patterns with photo or video tutorials, here. The Easy Ripple Washcloth uses an easy-to-remember stitch pattern that is great for ripple newbies. Slightly lacy, it makes a better washcloth than a dishcloth.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Materials for the sample were generously provide by Lion Brand and Denise.
This week’s washcloth uses a stitch combination that I’ve previously used in my Royal Neapolitan Scarf pattern. You can find a full video tutorial at the end of the pattern.
How to join the Knitted Kitchen Blog Hop
- Sign up for our weekly Knitted Kitchen newsletter to get an email when a new pattern is released.
- You can join in by knitting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #knittedkitchen on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other knitters, I have a special thread open here in my Ravelry group or you can join our new Facebook group.
- By the end of the blog hop, you’ll have up to 48 beautiful dishcloths. Use your dishcloths to:
- Learn new stitches from our tutorials,
- Decorate your kitchen and dining area,
- Get a head start on holiday gift giving (tip: coordinated sets make great gifts), and
- Have fun with us!
- Be sure to visit and follow the participating designers!
- Underground Crafter. Follow Marie (that’s me!) through her weekly newsletter or on Craftsy | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | StumbleUpon | Twitter | YouTube.
- Creative Crochet Workshop. Follow Joanita on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter.
- Stitches ‘N’ Scraps. Follow Pia on Craftsy | Facebook | G+ | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter.
- Craft Gossip: Knitting. Follow Sarah on Etsy | Facebook | G+ | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter | YouTube.
If you make your own Easy Ripple Washcloth, I’d love to see it! Share your progress and questions by tagging me on Facebook as @Underground Crafter, Instragram as @ucrafter, or Twitter as @ucrafter. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a coupon code for your choice of one of my premium patterns and other subscriber goodies. Plus, you’ll never miss one of my free patterns again!
Add the Easy Ripple Washcloth to your Ravelry favorites or queue.
Easy Ripple 7″ (17 cm) Washcloth
Knitting Pattern by Underground Crafter
- 7″ (17 cm) square.
- Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton (100% mercerized cotton, 3.5 oz/100 g/186 yd/170 m) – 1 skein each in 98 Ecru (CA) and 143 Lilac (CB), or approximately 36 yd (33 m) in each of 2 colors in any medium weight, cotton yarn.
- US Size 7/4.5 mm knitting needles, or any size needed to obtain gauge. (I used my Denise2Go Knitting for the Cure set for the sample and in the video.)
- Yarn needle.
- 18 sts = 4″ (10 cm) in garter stitch. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern
- BO – bind off
- CA – Color A
- CB – Color B
- CO – cast on
- k – knit
- k2tog – knit 2 stitches together (decrease)
- p – purl
- psso – pass slipped stitch over k2tog
- rep – repeat
- RS – right (front) side
- sl 1 – slip 1 st, knitwise
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- yo – yarn over
- * Rep instructions after asterisk as indicated.
- A video tutorial is available at the end of this pattern.
- Carry unworked yarn up side of project. When changing colors, be careful not to pull the yarn too tightly or your edges may pucker.
- Pattern repeat is any multiple of 7 sts, + 2.
- With CA, CO 44 (or any multiple of 7 sts + 2).
- Row 1: (RS) With CA, k1, *k2, sl 1, k2tog, psso, k2, yo; rep from * across to last st, k1. (38 sts)
- Row 2: With CA, k1, *p6, yo; rep from * across to last st, k1. (44 sts)
- Rows 3-4: With CA, rep Rows 1-2.
- Rows 5-6: With CB, rep Rows 1-2.
- Rep Rows 3-6 until washcloth measures approximately 6.5” (16.5 cm) long, ending after Row 6, fasten off CB.
- Rows 7-10: With CA, rep Rows 1-4.
- BO in pattern for Row 1. Fasten off.
- With yarn needle, weave in ends on WS. Spray block if necessary to accentuate ripples and yarn overs.
© 2017 by Marie Segares (Underground Crafter). This pattern is for personal use only. You may use the pattern to make unlimited items for yourself, for charity, or to give as gifts. You may sell items you personally make by hand from this pattern. Do not violate Marie’s copyright by distributing this pattern or the photos in any form, including but not limited to scanning, photocopying, emailing, or posting on a website or internet discussion group. If you want to share the pattern, point your friends to this link: http://undergroundcrafter.com/2017/08/03/knitting-pattern-easy-ripple-washcloth-with-video. Thanks for supporting indie designers!
Watch the video tutorial below. If you can’t see the video, click here to watch it on YouTube.