This is the seventh post in my series of roundups for handmade gift ideas for the winter holiday season. Make a handmade gift you know will be appreciated with this roundup which includes 30+ handmade gift ideas for sewists, quilters, crocheters, knitters, and other crafters. The roundup includes 9 free crochet patterns, 4 free knitting patterns, 4 free sewing tutorials, 4 free tutorials that combine sewing with another craft, and 9 other crafts tutorials. These project ideas include pincushions, craft storage, stitch markers, and more. You’re sure to find something useful and pretty for another crafter on your handmade holiday list.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos are copyright the respective designer/publisher and are used with permission.
30+ Handmade Gift Ideas for Crafters
Roundup by Underground Crafter
Find a gift for friends and family who sew and quilt, including an array of pin cushions, sewing machine accessories, sewing kits, and more.
- Macaron Pin Cushion by Lilla Björn Crochet: Learn overlay crochet while making this pin cushion, which is available as a free pattern for Lilla Björn Crochet’s newsletter subscribers.
- Simple English Paper Piecing Hexie Pincushion by Swoodson Says: This tutorial will show you how to make a hand sewn pincushion using the EPP method.
- Mason Jar Pincushions by Doodlecrafts: These no-sew fabric pincushions are attached to a mason jar, so you can also include some notions or pins with your gift.
- Embroidered Mason Jar Pin Cushion by Flamingo Toes: This low-sew embroidery tutorial includes several ideas for how you can fill up the mason jar with gifts.
- Simple DIY Sewing Box by 30 Minute Crafts: This no-sew project for a sewing kit can be customized with vinyl lettering.
- Sewing Machine Accessory Mat by Lorine Mason for Fairfield World: This accessory mat is a great way to easily carry along supplies and notions when traveling with a sewing machine.
- Quarter Sunflower Pincushion by Suvi’s Crochet: This crocheted pincushion with a quarter sunflower is sure to brighten up the room.
- Fairy and Pin Cushion by Flutterby Patch: This adorable knitted pincushion would make a great gift for a fairy tale lover.
- Wheels Pincushion by Frankie Brown: These cute crocheted pincushions are also a great way to use up random buttons.
- C2C Sewing Machine Pillow by Sewrella: This corner-to-corner crochet pattern would make a great addition to anyone’s sewing room.
- Cupcake Pincushion Sewing Kit by One Dog Woof: This crocheted pincushion is a cute, calorie-free treat.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Sewing Kit by Frankie Brown: This knitting pattern for a sewing kit includes areas for folding scissors, thread, needles, and pins.
- Chevron Stripes Sewing Machine Cover by Mamachee: This sewing machine cover includes a crocheted chevron stripe cover that is sewn to fabric sides.
- Magnetic Pin Bowl by Swoodson Says: This magnetized clay pin bowl is a great gift for anyone who has the tendency to drop their pins when sewing.
11 Gifts for Crocheters and Knitters
Do you have other crocheters, knitters, or yarn lovers on your list? Find hook and needle storage, crochet hook accessories, stitch markers, project bags, and more.
- Rainbow Hook Cup by Fiber Flux: This crocheted cup is a great way to display crochet hooks.
- Hook Roll Case by Goddess Crochet: This crocheted crochet hook roll case includes instructions for adjusting it to fit larger hooks.
- Geeky Crochet Hooks by Doodlecrafts: Satisfy almost any kind of geek with these polymer clay crochet hook handles for fans Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Star Wars, and Arthurian legend.
- Fantail Crochet Hook Case with No-Sew Liner by Underground Crafter: This crocheted pouch includes a no-sew liner to keep your hooks from poking through your stitches.
- Knitter’s Kit by Frankie Brown: This knitted roll up kit is designed to hold folding scissors and needles.
- DIY Locking Stitch Markers for Crochet and Knitting by Underground Crafter: Make sets of locking stitch markers with just a few simple jewelry supplies and charms.
- DIY Polymer Clay Crochet Hook by Naztazia: This video tutorial for easy polymer clay hook handles can be used to customize a simple set of hooks for a gift.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Alpaca Bag by Doodlecrafts: Upgrade a plain tote bag using iron-on, a little sewing, and a glue gun to make a perfect project bag for a yarn lover.
- How To Make Stitch Markers by Marly Bird: These video tutorials will show you how to make beaded stitch markers for knitting or locking stitch markers for crochet and knitting.
- Yarn Lover Cut File by Underground Crafter: Use this Cricut cut file for vinyl or iron-on to customize a gift for your favorite yarn lover.
- How To Make a Yarn Bowl with Polymer Clay by Twin Dragonfly Designs: This tutorial shows you how to make an affordable yarn bowl using polymer clay.
6 Gifts for Crafters
These organizers would make great gifts suitable for a variety of different crafters.
- Stitch On Embroidered Needle Book by Flamingo Toes: This needle book includes felt pages for storing needles, pins, and other notions.
- Scissors Pocket Storage by Always Expect Moore: This sewing hanging storage project is a great gift to help organize a multi-crafter with many different types of scissors.
- Hexie Needle Book by 30 Minute Crafts: This low-sew felt needle book is a great way to use up small bits of felt leftover from other projects.
- Paint Brush Roll with Secret Pocket by Crafty Lady Abby for Fairfield World: Help your favorite artist store paint brushes for travel with this roll. (This could also be great for knitting needles!)
- Nifty Needle Case by Moogly: This crocheted needle case is a great way to store notions for sewing, quilting, crocheting, or knitting.
- Needle Book by Frankie Brown: This knitted needle case can be used to hold yarn needles or pins.