It’s no secret that I love to crochet ripples, chevrons, and waves. I’m sharing nine free crochet patterns for ripple blankets today because I’m guessing you feel the same way! I curated this roundup from AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com, a directory of free crochet blanket and motif patterns.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos are © the respective designers and are used with permission.
9 Free Crochet Patterns for Gorgeous Ripple Blankets
Roundup by Underground Crafter
This roundup includes ripple blankets made with medium weight, bulky, and super bulky yarn. There are some made using increases and decreases and others made by changing stitch heights. These blankets are made with at least two colors and as many as 17! Follow the designer’s color palette or customize the blanket by choosing your own colors.
Left column, from top to bottom:
- Weekend Wavelength Afghan by B.Hooked Crochet: This four-color blanket is made with bulky yarn.
- Modern Luxe Throw by Moogly: This blanket in super bulky yarn combines chevrons, stripes, and filet crochet for a stunning result.
- Rainbow Ribbons Baby Blanket by Daisy Cottage Designs: This scrappy ripple blanket is made with medium weight yarn.
Center column, from top to bottom:
- V-Stitch Ripple Afghan by Petals to Picots: This ripple blanket is made in five colors. You can find the pattern for a matching pillow here.
- The Wripple Blanket by Underground Crafter: This easy peasy w-shaped ripple pattern is made with a self-striping yarn and a solid yarn.
- Monochromatic Baby Blanket by The Stitchin’ Mommy: This classic granny ripple pattern in neutrals makes a perfect gift for any baby shower.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Beginner Zebra Baby Blanket by Cre8tion Crochet: This zebra-striped blanket includes a contrasting border pattern.
- Lazy Waves Blanket by Look At What I Made: This simple wave blanket is made in 17 colors.
- Tranquil Waves Ripple Afghan by Oombawka Design Crochet: This three-color ripple is made in bulky yarn.
Still haven’t found the perfect ripple pattern for your next project? Here are 3 more of my free crochet ripple blanket patterns. Click on the image to go directly to the pattern.