It’s (Inter)National Crochet Month, which means I’ve been kinda neglecting the knitting this month. That’s just not fair to my long-time knitting readers, right? To make things up, today I’m sharing a roundup of 9 adorable, free knitting patterns for babies and kids, including hats, a softie, booties, and a sweater! I curated this roundup from AllFreeKnitting.com, a directory of over 12,000 (!) free knitting patterns, tutorials, tips, and more.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos are © the respective designers and are used with permission.
9 Adorable Free Knitting Patterns for Babies and Kids
Roundup by Underground Crafter
Whether you’re trying to find the perfect gift for a baby shower, donate your hand knits to charity, or outfit your child in something handmade, you’ll find your next project in this roundup!
- Simple Toddler Rhino Hat by Mama in a Stitch: This simple hat is knit flat and seamed, and the horns and ears are easy to make.
- Basic Baby Hat by All About Ami: These hats work up quickly in super bulky yarn and are topped with pom poms
- Adorable Teddy Bear Hat by Little Red Window: This cute little animal hat is knit in the round.
Middle row, from left to right:
- 3-Square Child’s Sweater by Gina Michele: This adorable child’s turtleneck is made from just 3 seamed squares! It works up quickly in bulky yarn and is available in 3 sizes.
- Cupcake Hat by Underground Crafter: This textured hat is knit flat and seamed, and the pattern is available in 3 sizes from newborn through toddler.
- Owl by Natural Suburbia: This cute little critter can be made with small bits of yarn leftover from another project.
Bottom row, from left to right:
- Absolute Beginner Preemie Hat by Marly Bird: This quick and easy hat is knit flat and seamed. It even includes a video tutorial for absolute beginners.
- Moccasin Style Baby Booties by Mama in a Stitch: These simple booties are topped with faux leather.
- Cuddly Cow Hat by Little Red Window: This smiling farm animal hat is knit in the round.
I hope you enjoyed this roundup! You can find more inspiration for your next knitting or crochet project for the little ones on my Pinterest board, Crochet and Knitting For Kids!