It’s April and that means it’s almost time for Mother’s Day. One of my favorite handmade gifts to make for my mom is a beautiful shawl. I was inspired by this idea to create a roundup of sixteen stunning free crochet patterns for shawls and wraps. These would be great as Mother’s Day gifts or for a special woman in your life (including yourself!) any time of year. I found all sixteen patterns while surfing on FaveCrafts.com, a multi-craft directory featuring over 15,000 projects. Whether you’re looking for crochet, knitting, sewing, paper crafts, or jewelry making, you’re sure to find a great tutorial on FaveCrafts.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
16 Free Crochet Patterns for Stunning Shawls and Wraps
Roundup by Underground Crafter
Whether you’re looking for a simple stitch pattern, something complex and intricate, rectangles, triangles, or another shape, you’re sure to find a great shawl or wrap in this roundup! I’ve featured a variety of styles, including lacy shawls and heavy shawls, so that you can find your next project to keep, gift, donate, or sell.
- Garden Lace Shawl by Moogly: This striped, rectangular shawl includes five different lace patterns.
- Lisa Wrap by Jessie At Home: This wrap pattern can be easily adjusted to your preferred size. The pictured version uses one skein of fine weight yarn.
- Angel Shawl by Kristin Omdahl: This light and airy fringed shawl makes a great wrap for the warmer weather.
- Mini Wrap by Dabbles and Babbles: This wrap uses the popular v-stitch for a lacy look.
Second column, from top to bottom:
- Wrap Me in Diamonds Scarf by Stitching Together: This long rectangular scarf can also be worn as a shawl and includes a video tutorial.
- Ella’s Rhythm Shawl by Underground Crafter: This simple lacy shawl can be made with any weight yarn or hook and includes a video tutorial.
- Boho Shawl by Mama in a Stitch: This simply shawl uses just one skein of yarn and includes a fringed edging.
- Sequins Wrap by Maz Kwok Designs: This wrap gets a touch of glam from a sequined yarn.
Third column, from top to bottom:
- Cranberry Chill Wrap by Highland Hickory Designs: This luxurious rectangular wrap includes instructions for customizing the length.
- Denim Ombre Wrap by Moogly: This lacy shawl, inspired by a vintage stitch pattern, includes a video tutorial.
- Serape Shawl by Underground Crafter: This long and luxurious rectangular shawl is the perfect wrap for someone who is always cold.
- Elegant Flower Shawl by Kristin Omdahl: This lacy shawl is perfect for wearing in any temperature.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Coraline in Rio by Simply Collectible Crochet: This easy pattern for a rectangular shawl can be styled several different ways.
- Tyra Triangle Shawl by Crochet Dreamz: This triangular, lacy shawl includes a tassled edging.
- Cascade by Jessie At Home: This asymmetrical, wedge-shaped shawl is part of the Falling Blocks collection.
- Royal Pineapple Shawl by Marly Bird for Red Heart: This lacy, triangular shawl includes a stitch diagram.