I was inspired by the festive spirit of the 2018 Christmas in July Crochet Along to share another roundup this week! This time, I’m featuring nine free crochet patterns for Christmas blankets. Afghans, throws, and blankets can take longer to make, so this roundup will give you a head start on your holiday crafting.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. All photos are © the respective designers and publishers and are used with permission.
9 Free Crochet Patterns for Christmas Blankets
Roundup by Underground Crafter
- Christmas Granny Afghan by Maria’s Blue Crayon: This granny square blanket is available as a ten-part crochet along and includes eight different appliques of holiday characters and decorations.
- Christmas Lights Blanket by Repeat Crafter Me: This granny square pattern includes video tutorials to help you with the joins and border.
- Christmas Wreath Afghan Square by Posh Pooch Designs: Make an entire blanket with these squares or mix them with other 12” blocks.
Center column, from top to bottom:
- Snowman Granny Squares Blanket by Crochet for You: These adorable smiling snowmen make a cute blanket.
- Retro Ornament Throw by Jessie At Home for Red Heart: This ‘60s-style pattern includes three video tutorials.
- Snowman Afghan Square by Creative Crochet Workshop for The Stitchin’ Mommy: This cheerful square can be joined to other 9” blocks.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Christmas Tree and Hat Granny Square by Wiam’s Crafts: These applique granny squares include tutorial photos to help you with placement.
- Christmas Stocking Granny Square by Wiam’s Crafts: This appliqued granny square pattern includes helpful progress pictures.
- Christmas Character Afghan by Repeat Crafter Me: This corner-to-corner (C2C) blanket pattern is available as an eleven-part crochet along.