Welcome to the fourth weekly roundup of the 2018 Christmas in July Crochet Along! I’m sharing 25 free crochet patterns to make great gifts for the men on your handmade holiday list, along with a spotlight on one of our end-of-CAL giveaway sponsors, so read on for details. These dude-approved patterns include hats, cowls and scarves, and even a pair of gloves!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. All photos are © the respective designers and publishers and are used with permission.
If you’re just learning about the 2018 Christmas in July Crochet Along, you can find all the details here, including the schedule, links to patterns as they go live, and instructions for entering the end-of-CAL giveaway.
This week, we’re spotlighting Akerworks, a family-owned and -operated business in Tennessee that makes a variety of products for crocheters, knitters, and spinners, as well as ornaments and Maker Quotes plaques. One lucky winner will get a 3-pack of Akerworks ornaments. Don’t forget to share your finished CAL projects here by 11:59 p.m. on July 31, 2018 to enter the giveaway!
25 Free Crochet Patterns For Gifts for Men
Roundup by Underground Crafter
Left column, from top to bottom:
- Slight Trail Gloves by Linda Dean Crochet: These gloves will keep his hands cozy warm.
- Every Man Scarf by Fiber Flux: This textured scarf features contrasting stripes and includes a video tutorial.
- Infinity Rugby Scarf by Little Monkeys Crochet: This striped scarf could be made in team colors.
- Dream Weaver Beanie by Crochet by Jennifer: This textured beanie pattern is available in seven sizes from preemie/doll through adult large.
- Bulky Faux Mistake Rib Scarf by Underground Crafter: This easy, knit-look scarf works up fast in a bulky, self-patterning yarn that does all the color work for you.
Second column, from top to bottom:
- Walking in the Sand Scarf by Underground Crafter: This simple, textured scarf works up fast in a bulky, self-patterning yarn that does all the color work for you.
- Northern Stripes by Pattern Paradise: This textured, striped beanie is available in both child and adult sizes.
- Simple Gray Striped Scarf by Oombawka Designs: This asymmetrically striped, fringed scarf is simple enough to please even the most “unfussy” guy in your life.
- Rustic Diamond Scarf by Hooked for Life: This pattern includes a video tutorial (and a coupon code for a discount on the yarn).
- Basic Beanie by Crochet Treasures: This classic, unisex beanie in single crochet is available in five sizes from newborn through teen/adult.
Third column, from top to bottom:
- Moss Stitch Hat by Underground Crafter: This unisex hat makes a great first Tunisian crochet pattern! It includes linked video tutorials and it works up quickly in super bulky yarn.
- Hudson Scarf by Two of Wands: This ribbed, fringed scarf has a classic look for the perfect unisex gift.
- Jilly Bean Cowl by Marly Bird: This is a one-skein project in color-changing yarn and includes a video tutorial.
- Men’s Checkered Brim Beanie by Crochet for You: This two-color hat pattern includes helpful photos for making the checkered sections.
- It’s Football Season Beanie by EyeLoveKnots: This hat is the perfect gift for your favorite football fan, and you can even make a set for the whole family since the pattern is available in 6 sizes from newborn through adult large.
Fourth column, from top to bottom:
- Chunky Charcoal Scarf by The Stitchin’ Mommy: This scarf gets a tweedy and works up quickly with two strands of medium weight yarn in different colors held together throughout.
- The Superior Beanie by The Unraveled Mitten: This stretchy, knit-look beanie has a timeless look.
- Chunky Willow Tree Slouchy Beanie by Hopeful Honey: This beginner-friendly beanie pattern works up quickly in super bulky yarn.
- Freshman Slouch by Blackstone Designs: This textured, striped slouchy hat is crocheted with a bulky yarn.
- Woven Stitch Hat by B.Hooked Crochet: This hat is made with a self-striping yarn and includes helpful progress pictures.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Snow Country Super Scarf by Kirsten Holloway Designs: This ultra long scarf makes a perfect gift for the tall man in your life.
- Cap Hat by Melody’s Makings: This unisex, brimmed hat is available in a knit version, too.
- Bobble Poof Earflap Hat by Moogly: This striped, textured hat is available in newborn, child, and adult sizes.
- Rustic Ladder Cowl by The Steady Hand: This unisex cowl is crocheted in the round.
- Go Like a Pro Beanie by Snappy Tots: This mohawk beanie has an opening for a camera for your favorite outdoors enthusiast.
2 thoughts on “Roundup: 25 Free Crochet Patterns For Gifts for Men”
Pinned, and Shared! Thanks so much for this great round up, Marie! And for including my football beanie in it.