This is the twelfth in a series of 12 weeks of roundups for the handmade holidays! I hope you’ve found some great project inspiration for the holidays in the past few weeks. In this last roundup, I’m sharing 38+ free tutorials and patterns for handmade gift tags and gift wraps. Whether you’re gifting handmade or store-bought gifts, trying to be eco-friendly or thrifty, or just looking for creative gift wrap, you’re sure to find some great ideas in this roundup.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos are copyright the respective designer/publisher and are used with permission.
38+ Handmade Gift Tags and Wrap Tutorials
Roundup by Underground Crafter
You’ve made (or bought) your gift, but before it gets to the recipient, you’ll need to wrap it (and perhaps to tag it). I’ve found 38+ great ideas — all free — including printables, yarn crafts, fabric crafts, and more!
These printables include gift tags with Christmas, winter holiday, and general themes; guessing game tags; care labels for your gifts made with yarn; and more!
- Care Instructions and Parody Gift Tags by Underground Crafter
- Snowman Holiday Gift Tags by Confessions of a Disneyaholic Mom (scroll down to #3)
Second row, from left to right:
- Christmas Tags and Labels by Hearth and Vine
- Christmas Gift Tags by My Crazy Good Life
- Christmas Guessing Game Gift Tags by Teach Me Mommy (requires sign up)
- Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays Gift Tags by Thrifty Jinxy
Third row, from left to right:
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town Gift Tags by Major Hoff Takes a Wife
- Simple Embroidery Gift Tags with Printable by A Wonderful Thought
- Customizable Santa Gift Tags and Elf on the Shelf Arrival Letter by Mom Envy (requires sign up)
- Nature-Inspired Christmas Gift Tags by Sustain My Craft Habit
Bottom row, from left to right:
- Christmas Pencil Tag Printable by Leap of Faith Crafting
- Colorful Christmas Labels by 5 Minutes for Mom
- Christmas Gift Tags by The Rustic Elk
7 Yarn Crafts
These projects include free crochet and knitting patterns, and yarn embellishments for gifts. Shown clockwise from top left corner.
- 5 Gift Wrap Ideas Made From Yarn by Crochet Memories
- Gift Card Holder by Stitches n Scraps – free crochet pattern
- Gingerbread Man by Sashiyo Ishii – free knitting pattern
- Personalized Denim Gift Card Holders by Underground Crafter – free crochet pattern
- Gift Card Drawstring Bag by Divine Debris – free crochet pattern
- Gift Wrap by Hands Occupied – free knitting pattern
- Yarn Tassel Gift Wrap 2 Ways by Hands Occupied
5 Fabric Crafts
These tags, bags, and wraps include no-sew and sewing projects. Shown clockwise from top left corner.
- Upcycled Denim Gift Tags by Swoodson Says (requires sign up)
- Fabric Gift Bag + 10 Frugal Gift Wrap Ideas by Scheider Peeps
- Santa Pants Wine Bag by Caroline Dunn for AllFreeChristmasCrafts
- Furoshiki (Japanese Fabric Wrapping) for Boxes, Bottles, and Books by Super Mom No Cape
- Cloth Gift Bags by Sustainable Cooks
13 Paper Crafts and More
These projects include Cricut crafts, log slice crafts, paper crafts, upcycled projects, and more!
- Handmade Care Labels by Underground Crafter – made with Cricut
- Log Slice Gift Tag by Restyled Junk for AllFreeChristmasCrafts
- Mystery Gift Tags by My Pinterventures
- Gift Wrap for an Ornament to Mail by Eye Love Knots
Second column, from top to bottom:
- Easy Hexagon Gift Tags by Underground Crafter – made with Cricut
- Holiday Tree Wine Bottle Cover by Caroline Dunn for AllFreeChristmasCrafts
- Colorful, Recycled Gift Bows by Craft Invaders
Third column, from top to bottom:
- Upcycled Canning Lid Gift Tags by Homespun Seasonal Living
- Die-Cut Watercolor Gift Tags by Underground Crafter
- Elf Tag by Carlene Eshelman for AllFreeChristmasCrafts
Right column, from top to bottom:
- 12 Days of Homemade Christmas Gift Tags by One Dog Woof
- 12 Awesome Gift Wrap Alternatives by Healing Harvest Homestead
- Log Slice Snowman by Restyled Junk for AllFreeChristmasCrafts