Theodore Bear is the first of three animal pillow pals I’m sharing this week as part of the Christmas in July Make Along! This cuddly bear is easy to make and a round pillow form makes stuffing simple, too.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. This project is sponsored by Fairfield World, but all opinions and thoughts are my own. Additional supplies for this project were provided by Clover USA and NELSONWOOD. Camera was generously provided by B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.
Pillow pals are fun to make, and since they are stuffed with pillows, they are easier to make than other types of amigurumi. Your stitches don’t need to be as tight (since the pillow won’t fall out of your stitches like stuffing might) and you can just insert a pillow and the stuffing part of the project is finished!
Theodore Bear (at left) is the first of three animal-themed pillow pals I’m releasing this week as part of the Christmas in July Make Along. You can also get the patterns for Wilbur Pig and Spot Dog Pillow Pals.
How To Join the 2019 Christmas in July Make Along
- Get all the details, including the full schedule and the link to each project as it goes live here. You can also enter the giveaway at the same link through 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Sunday, August 4, 2019 to win one of 17 great prizes!
- You can join in by crocheting, knitting, or sewing the projects as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #CIJMakeAlong2019 on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the Underground Crafters Facebook group
- By the end of the Make Along, you’ll have up to 31 awesome projects. Get ready for the handmade holiday season while having fun with us!
- Use this button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
Theodore Bear Pillow Pal
Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
Theodore Bear is the first of three animal pillow pals made using Fairfield Poly-Fil Premier 16” Round Accent Pillow Inserts for the 2019 Christmas in July Make Along with Underground Crafter!
- Fits a 16” (40.5 cm) round pillow form
- Red Heart Super Saver yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g/364 yd/333 m) – 2 skeins in 365 Coffee (CA), 1 skein in 360 Café Latte (CB), 1 skein in 312 Black (CC), 1 skein in 311 White (CD), or approximately 437 yd (399.5 m) in CA, 45 yd (41 m) in CB, and 5 yd (4.5 m) each in CC and CD in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size G-6/4 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge. I used a handmade wooden NELSONWOOD crochet hook.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Premier 16” Round Accent Pillow Insert.
- 16 mm round comic safety eyes – 1 pair.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker set, or locking stitch markers.
- Yarn needle.
- Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be tight so that pillow doesn’t show through.
Get the free crochet pattern here on the Fairfield website.
If you make your own Theodore Bear Pillow Pal, I’d love to see it! Share your progress and questions by tagging me on Facebook as @Underground Crafter, Instragram as @ucrafter, or Twitter as @ucrafter. You can also share a picture in the Underground Crafters Facebook group. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a coupon code for your choice of one of my premium patterns and other subscriber goodies. Plus, you’ll never miss one of my free patterns again!
Add the Theodore Bear Pillow Pal to your favorites or queue, or buy the ad-free PDF on Ravelry.