Welcome to the fifth and final roundup of the Christmas in July Make Along! This week’s theme is pets. Most of my loved ones consider their pets to be part of the family, so I often make gifts for furry friends, too. I’ve searched the web to find you 26 handmade gift ideas, including 13 free crochet patterns, 6 free knitting patterns, and 7 free sewing patterns. If you still need more inspiration, I’ve included links to two more roundups with over 100 more ideas!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. All photos are © the respective designers and publishers and are used with permission.
- If you’re just hearing about the Christmas in July Make Along, you can find out more here. 29 bloggers have teamed up to bring you 31 days of handmade gift ideas and the chance to win one of 17 great prizes!
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the Underground Crafters Facebook group.
- If you’d like regular email reminders during the Make Along, sign up for the Underground Crafter newsletter.
- Use this button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
26+ Handmade Gift Ideas for Pets
Roundup by Underground Crafter
13 Free Crochet Patterns
These free crochet patterns include bedding, toys, clothes, and accessories for both cats and dogs.
Left column, from top to bottom:
- Mitered Square Pet Blanket by Underground Crafter: This simple square pet blanket can be easily adjusted for any size of dog.
- Santa’s Best Friend by Dora Does: This cute dog bandana is a great project to kick off the holiday season.
- Cat Mat by Cute as a Button Crochet: This simple stitch pattern adds some texture and the tassel adds something for kitty to play with.
- Quick and Easy Puppy Sweater by Itchin’ for Some Stitchin’: This adorable sweater pattern includes a coordinating plaid bowtie.
- Elephant Squeaker Toy for Dogs by Repeat Crafter Me: This cute rag doll can also be made without squeakers for playing fetch.
Center column, from top to bottom:
- Pizza Dog Rug by Posh Pooch Designs: This cute dog rug pattern includes a video tutorial.
- Kent Street Bagel Cat Toy via Lion Brand: Add some catnip to make this a truly savory treat for your kitty.
- Holiday Pet Sweater by YARNutopia: Let your dogs join in the festivities with these adorable sweaters. Pattern includes a video tutorial.
- Kennel Blanket by Mamas2Hands: This simple pattern is just right for comforting a new friend.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Cat Toy via FaveCrafts: This project uses a toilet paper roll and bell to add fun sounds for kitty.
- Cat Bed via FaveCrafts: A minimalistic design makes this cat bed perfect for any style of home décor.
- Holiday Cat Collar via FaveCrafts: Include your cat in your holiday party with this festive collar.
- Dog Sweater via FaveCrafts: This striped dog sweater is designed to fit small dogs.
6 Free Knitting Patterns
These free knitting patterns include a dog clothes and accessories and a cat toy. Shown clockwise from top left corner.
- Santa Claus Dog Coat by Handy Little Me: This festive dog coat pattern is available in three sizes.
- Dog Snood by Posh Pooch Designs: These simple striped snoods are great scrap busters.
- Modernist Dog Sweater via Lion Brand: This black and white dog sweater is perfect for the dog (or owner) who wants to make a fashion statement.
- Miss Mousie via Lion Brand: This little mouse toy can be rubbed with catnip to make your kitty happy.
- Hooded Dog Coat via FaveCrafts: This trendy outfit is available to fit four different dog sizes.
- Winter Dog Coat via FaveCrafts: The pattern for this festive dog coat is available in six sizes.
7 Free Sewing Patterns
These free sewing patterns include toys for cats and dogs and a dog bed and sweater. Shown clockwise from top left corner.
- Water Bottle Dog Toy by Laura Kelly Designs: This simple, low-sew project uses an old water bottle for crinkle sounds.
- How To Make Dog Sweaters by Sew What Alicia: This post includes tips on measurement and a video tutorial for sewing your own dog sweater.
- Dog Bone Toy by Sew What Alicia: This quick sewing project includes cut files for Cricut or for cutting the bone by hand, along with tips for making a coordinated bag.
- Christmas Stocking Dog Toy by Swoodson Says: This stocking includes a secret treat pouch.
- Star Wars Themed Dog Bed by Pieces by Polly: This simple dog bed project is a perfect gift for your favorite Star Wars fan and dog.
- Legally Adorable Dog Tote via FaveCrafts: This bag is perfect for carrying a smaller dog for a day out.
- DIY Cat Toys via FaveCrafts: This sewing project includes step-by-step pictures.
Still need more handmade inspiration for pet gifts? Check out these roundups for 100+ more ideas!
- 39 Patterns for Pet Clothing and More Pet Crafts via FaveCrafts
- Find over 100 more ideas on my Crochet and Knit for Pets Pinterest Board!