It’s week eight of 12 weeks of roundups including free gift ideas for the handmade holidays! Today’s roundup includes gift ideas for women on your list. I’ve searched the web to bring you 20 free crochet patterns, 8 free knitting patterns, 8 free sewing patterns, and 6 free crafts tutorials for handmade gifts for women including garments, accessories, jewelry, bags, organizers, and more. I’ve also included links to several more roundups with 100 more projects to choose from, so you’re sure to find your next handmade holiday project. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos are copyright the respective designer/publisher and are used with permission.
42+ Handmade Gift Ideas for Women
Roundup by Underground Crafter
I like to make gifts for all the special women on my holiday gift list. Not only do these handmade gifts show that I care, but they are often more elegant, fun, beautiful, or practical than gifts I can afford to buy at the store. In this collection of crochet, knitting, and sewing patterns, and Cricut, painting, clay, and metal stamping craft tutorials, you’re sure to find something that’s just right for a special lady on your list.
20 Free Crochet Patterns
These crochet patterns include garments (a shrug, a sweater, and a cardigan) and accessories (neck warmers, ponchos and shawls, hats, jewelry, and a bag).
Left column, shown from top to bottom:
- Desert Meets the Sea Cowl by Caitlin’s Contagious Creations: This simple cowl works up quickly.
- Secret Garden Neck Warmer by Kirsten Holloway Designs: This feminine cowl is worked in the round.
- Fiona Scarf by Divine Debris: This textured pocket scarf is crocheted with bulky yarn.
- Claire Infinity Scarf by The Blue Elephants: This simple infinity scarf crocheted in bulky yarn would make a great gift for women, men, or teens.
Second column, from top to bottom:
- Patina Lace Shawlette by Underground Crafter: This simple lace shawlette is a great project for using up small amounts of hand dyed or hand spun yarn.
- Wishing Well Shawl by Needle Klankers: This shawl uses a self-patterning yarn to make colorwork easy.
- Cherry Blossom Shawl by Two Brothers Blankets: This lovely shawl is made with hand dyed fingering weight yarn.
- Flutterby Effect Butterfly Shawl by Meladora’s Creations: This lacy shawl pattern includes video tutorials.
Center column, from top to bottom:
- Bubblegum Pop Shawlette by Same Dinamics Crochet: This shawlette is crocheted with a bulky, self-patterning yarn to make colorwork easy.
- Simple Summertime Shawl by Oombawka Design Crochet: This lacy shawl is a great year-round gift for those living in a warmer climate.
- Wasilla Poncho by A Crocheted Simplicity: This long and cozy poncho uses a self-patterning yarn to make colorwork easy.
- Beaded Crochet Earrings by Cucicucicoo: This simple crochet jewelry pattern includes video and photo tutorials.
Fourth column, from top to bottom:
- Journey Bag by City Farmhouse Studio: This beginner-friendly bag pattern uses simple rectangles and self-striping yarn.
- Nebbia Sweater by ChristaCoDesign: This raglan pullover pattern is available in 9 adult sizes from XS through 5X.
- Classic Raglan Cardigan by Joy of Motion Crochet: This pattern is available in 8 adult sizes from XS through 4XL.
- X-Tra Shrug by Stitch in Progress: This pattern includes a chart and video and provides instructions for customizing the back width and length.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Fearless by Stitches n Scraps: This crochet necklace gets its structure from wooden rings.
- Beehive Messy Bun Hat by Made with a Twist: This messy bun hat works up quickly with a super bulky yarn.
- Simply Chic Plaid Ear Warmer by Itchin’ for Some Stitchin’: This pattern is a great introduction to crochet plaid.
- Many Wonders Ruana Wrap by Nana’s Crafty Home: This long and cozy striped ruana would make a cozy gift.
8 Free Knitting Patterns
These knitting patterns include wraps and shawls, a head band, a bag, a cowl, and wrist warmers. Shown clockwise from top left corner.
- Flower Basket Bag by Sian Brown: This basketweave bag pattern includes instructions for adding lining and snap fasteners.
- Reversible Cables Headband by Stitches n Scraps: This pattern includes written instructions and a chart, along with links to helpful tutorials.
- Mariposa Chic Shawl by Marly Bird: This striped pattern is more detailed but the results are beautiful.
- Flurries in the Wind Wrap by Two of Wands: This rectangular wrap alternates sections of eyelets with sections of garter stitch.
- Cable Wrist Warmers by Handy Little Me: The design of these wrist warmers is inspired by Claire from The Outlander tv series.
- Luxe Faux Fur Cowl by All About Ami: This cuddly cowl can also be styled as a warm hood.
- Railway Shawl by Stitch and Hustle: This striped shawl can also be styled as a hooded scarf.
- California Wrap by ChristaCoDesign: This simple garter stitch wrap is knit with a self-patterning yarn to make colorwork easy.
8 Free Sewing Patterns
These sewing patterns include bags, caddies, and cozies, makeup remover pads, a sleep mask, and a rice warmer. Shown clockwise from top left corner.
- Quilted Tote by Underground Crafter: This simple quilted bag is a beginner-friendly sewing project.
- Quilted Tablet Cover by Life Sew Savory: This project uses 2” fabric strips from scraps, precuts or yardage.
- Eco-Friendly Reusable Makeup Remover Pads by Beginner Sewing Projects: This simple tutorial makes a great gift for makeup lovers.
- Go Ask Your Dad Sleep Mask by Swoodson Says: This sleep mask would be a fun gift for a special mom on your list.
- Roll Up Glove Box Essentials Caddy by Doodlecraft: This caddy makes a great gift for any driver.
- DIY Flannel Rice Frog Warmer by Wren Collective via FaveCrafts: The frog shape adds an adorable twist to a rice heat pad.
- Crumb Quilt Mug Mat by Crafty Staci via FaveCrafts: Try crumb quilting on a small project and make a great gift for your favorite coffee or tea lover at the same time.
- Diamond Dotz Messenger Bag by Jessie At Home: This lined messenger bag pattern includes detailed progress photos and is decorated with a Diamond Dotz project.
6 Free Crafts Tutorials
These craft tutorials include projects made with a Cricut, metal stamping, clay, and paint projects. Shown clockwise from top left corner.
- DIY Metal Stamping by Jennie Masterson: This tutorial shows you how to do metal stamping for customized jewelry.
- Iron-On Fitness Shirts by How To Heat Press: This tutorial shows you how to customize activewear in Cricut Design Space to use Sport-Flex Iron-On.
- Faux Leather Earrings by Try It Like It Create It: This simple jewelry project is made with a Cricut.
- Pistachio Clay Necklace by Domestic Diva via FaveCrafts: This tutorial demonstrates how to blend and cut the clay, and then how to assemble the necklace.
- Upcycled Decorated Porcelain Canisters by Erin Reed Makes via FaveCrafts: Transform kitchen canisters into craft storage with this simple upcycling tutorial.
- Graphic Painted Plant Container by Petticoat Junktion via FaveCrafts: This simple painted project makes a great gift for your favorite person with a green thumb.
Still looking for more handmade gift idea inspiration? Check out these roundups for 100 more project ideas!
- 36+ Handmade Gift Ideas for Women including crochet, knitting, and sewing patterns
- 24 Free Crochet Patterns for Green Shawls
- 40 Free Crochet and Knitting Patterns for Shawls and Wraps To Make Great Gifts