The KAL Corner Facebook group is excited to bring you our 2020 knit along! We’ve brought together ten of your favorite knitting designers to bring you 16 free knitting patterns throughout the year. Join us to make fun projects, chat with other knitters, and enter to win fabulous prizes!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
This is the main post for the 2020 Knit Along with KAL Corner. Read on for more details including:
- How the 2020 Knit Along with KAL Corner Works,
- How To Join the 2020 Knit Along with KAL Corner,
- 2020 Knit Along with KAL Corner Schedule,
- 2020 Knit Along with KAL Corner End-of-KAL Giveaway Prizes, and
- Enter the 2020 Knit Along with KAL Corner End-of-KAL Giveaway.
How the 2020 Knit Along with KAL Corner Works
Every third Thursday from January 9 through November 19, 2020, we’ll share a free knitting pattern for a project made using light (#3/DK) weight, acrylic yarn. This is a mystery knit along, so projects won’t be revealed in advance. Each project uses a maximum of 3 colors and no more than 660 yards (600 meters) of yarn. You can use yarn from your stash, or you can buy yarn. Some of my favorite light weight, acrylic yarns include
- Bernat Softee Baby
- Lion Brand Mandala
- Lion Brand Mandala Baby
- Paintbox Yarns Simply DK
If you’d like to experiment with other fibers, here are some of my favorite light wight yarns that aren’t acrylic.
- Cascade 220 Superwash (100% superwash wool)
- Cascade Ultra Pima (100% cotton)
- Lion Brand LB Collection Superwash Merino (100% superwash Merino wool)
- Paintbox Yarns Baby DK (55% acrylic, 45% nylon)
- Paintbox Yarns Cotton DK (100% cotton)
- Patons Grace (100% cotton)
- Willow & Lark Ramble (100% wool)
You can make your Knit Along projects to keep, for gifts, to sell, or to donate to charity while chatting with other knitters in our group and entering to win giveaway prizes!
We will have some amazing prizes for our end-of-KAL giveaway. More details will be added to this post later in January. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway at the end of this post by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, December 10, 2020!
How To Join the 2020 Knit Along with KAL Corner
- You can join in by knitting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #KALCornerKnitting on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other knitters, join the KAL Corner Knitting Facebook group. You can sign up for the Underground Crafter newsletter to get regular updates, including links to new KAL patterns.
- By the end of the KAL, you’ll have up to 16 different projects.
- Use this button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
2020 Knit Along with KAL Corner Schedule
This list will be updated during the KAL to include links to each pattern as it is released.
- January 9: Announcement and End-of-KAL Giveaway Information (you are here).
- January 9: Pattern 1 by Underground Crafter
- Show your support by following Marie on Newsletter | Facebook| Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter | YouTube
- Get the Braided Headband pattern
- January 30: Pattern 2 by Hooked for Life Publishing
- February 20: Pattern 3 by Stitches n Scraps
- March 12: Pattern 4 by MandMCrochetDesigns
- April 2: Pattern 5 by Jessie At Home
- April 23: Pattern 6 by Fiber Flux
- May 14: Pattern 7 by Briana K Designs
- Show your support by following Briana on Facebook | Instagram | Ravelry | Twitter
- Get the Whims Easy Flat Knit Socks pattern
- June 4: Pattern 8 by Creative Crochet Workshop
- June 25: Pattern 9 by Hooked for Life Publishing
- Get the Aslope Hat and Cowl Set pattern
- July 16: Pattern 10 by Underground Crafter
- Get the Bruce the Spruce Tree pattern
- August 6: Pattern 11 by Stitches n Scraps
- Get the Easy Knit Headband pattern
- August 27: Pattern 12 by Creative Crochet Workshop
- Get the Trendy Ankle Warmers pattern
- September 17: Pattern 13 by MandMCrochetDesigns
- Get the Easy Beanie pattern
- October 8: Pattern 14 by Underground Crafter
- Get the Tiny Purse for Gift Card pattern
- October 29: Pattern 15 by Stitches n Scraps
- Get the Hand in Hand Reversible Fingerless Mitts pattern
- November 19: Pattern 16 by Nita B & Nisha N, Inc
- Show your support by following Anita on Facebook | Ravelry | Twitter | YouTube
- Get the Simple Fingerless Mitts pattern
- Knit at your own pace.
- December 10, 2020: Deadline for entering the end-of-KAL giveaways (see below for more details and to enter).
2020 Knit Along with KAL Corner End-of-KAL Giveaway Prizes
We love including prizes from our favorite companies at the end of every KAL Corner Knit Along. Banshee Fiber Art, Clover USA, Darn Good Yarn, and Five to Six Handmade have joined us to provide four wonderful prizes for our knit along participants.
Banshee Fiber Art is providing one lucky winner with the winner’s choice of any in stock set of stitch markers. These handmade stitch markers use high quality beads and charms and are locking stitch markers that can be used for knitting or crochet. Show your support by following Banshee Fiber Art on Facebook | Instagram.
Clover USA is providing one lucky winner with a prize package including 3 pairs of Takumi Bamboo Knitting Needles in US Sizes 5, 6, and 7, a set of Cable Stitch Holders, and a Point Protectors Petit set! Show your support by following Clover USA on Facebook | Instagram.
Darn Good Yarn is providing one lucky winner with their Ultimate Yarn Storage Bag. I actually have this bag at home, and it is super awesome! It’s sturdy, has lots of pockets, and includes room for plenty of yarn. Show your support by following Darn Good Yarn on Facebook | Instagram.
Five to Six Handmade is providing one lucky winner with their choice of any in stock small project bag! These beautiful handmade totes come in a variety of different fabric options and include pockets for your needles and notions. Show your support by following Five to Six Handmade on Facebook | Instagram.
Continue on to learn how to enter the giveaway for your chance to win one of these fabulous prizes!
Enter the 2020 Knit Along with KAL Corner End-of-KAL Giveaway
- This is the end-of-KAL giveaway for the 2020 Knit Along with KAL Corner. The Knit Along is hosted by KAL Corner and the giveaway is organized by Underground Crafter.
- Enter the end-of-CAL giveaway using any of the options on the Rafflecopter widget below by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Thursday, December 10, 2020.
- Winners will be chosen from the entries at random. Each will win one of the four prizes listed above.
- Winners will be contacted approximately one week after the entries close. Winners will have one week to claim their prizes. If winners do not respond within one week, prizes will be awarded to alternates.
- The names of winners will be made available in list form by request from Underground Crafter.
- This giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
- Don’t forget to join the fun in our Facebook group, too!