The You’ve Got Options Crochet Along is the first crochet along of 2020 hosted in the CAL Central Facebook and Ravelry groups. We’ve brought together twelve of the top crochet designers out there to bring you free crochet patterns for squares. Each of the squares is available in 2 sizes, so you’ve got options (literally) for each project. Join us to make fun granny square projects, chat with other crocheters, and enter to win fabulous prizes!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
This is the main post for the You’ve Got Options Crochet Along. Read on for more details including:
- How the You’ve Got Options Crochet Along Works,
- How To Join the You’ve Got Options CAL,
- You’ve Got Options Crochet Along Schedule,
- You’ve Got Options CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes, and
- Enter the You’ve Got Options CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway.
How the You’ve Got Options Crochet Along Works
Every Monday from January 6 through March 23, 202, we’ll share a free crochet pattern for a square available in both 6″ (15 cm) and 12″ (30 cm) sizes. These squares can be used to make pillows, blankets, garments, and more. You can make granny square projects to keep, for gifts, to sell, or to donate to charity while chatting with other crocheters in our groups and entering to win giveaway prizes!
We will have some amazing prizes for our end-of-CAL giveaway. More details will be added to this post later in January. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway at the end of this post by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, March 29, 2020!
How To Join the You’ve Got Options CAL
- You can join in by crocheting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #CALCentralCrochet and #OptionsCAL on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the CAL Central Crochet Facebook group, or visit us in the CAL Central Ravelry group.
- By the end of the CAL, you’ll have up to 12 different granny square patterns. (Scroll down for the free “Planning Your Project” PDF to help you choose how many squares you need for your finished project!)
- Use this button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
You’ve Got Options Crochet Along Schedule
This list will be updated during the CAL to include links to each pattern as it is released.
- January 6: Announcement and End-of-CAL Giveaway Information (you are here). Download the free PDF for Planning Your Project below using the “I Want This” button. If you don’t see an option to download, click here.
- January 6: Pattern 1 by Hooked for Life Publishing
- Get the Trifolium Square pattern
- January 13: Pattern 2 by Underground Crafter
- Show your support by following Marie on Newsletter | Facebook| Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter | YouTube
- Get the Bumpy Ride Square pattern
- January 20: Pattern 3 by Oombawka Design
- January 27: Bonus Pattern: Madison Afghan Square by Oombawka Design
- January 29: Pattern 4 by American Crochet
- February 3: Pattern 5 by The Stitchin’ Mommy
- February 10: Pattern 6 by Crochet for You
- February 17: Pattern 7 by Linda Dean
- Show your support by following Linda on Facebook | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter
- Get the Diamond Star Square pattern
- February 24: Pattern 8 by The Purple Poncho
- March 2: Pattern 9 by Jessie At Home
- March 9: Pattern 10 by Goddess Crochet
- March 16: Pattern 11 by Stitches n Scraps
- March 23: Pattern 12 by Creative Crochet Workshop
- Crochet at your own pace.
- March 29, 2020: Deadline for entering the end-of-CAL giveaways (see below for more details and to enter).
You’ve Got Options CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes
We love including prizes from our favorite companies at the end of every CAL Central Crochet Along. For this crochet along, we’ve teamed up with Chetnanigans, Clover, and Darn Good Yarn to bring you three great prize packages!
Chetnanigans is providing one lucky winner with a set including the 12″ Ultra Blocking Board with Perfector Strips! Never have wonky crochet squares (or hexagons, or circles, or rectangles) again. With this set, you’ll be able to block your projects perfectly to shape and size. Show your support by following Chetnanigans on Facebook | Instagram.
Clover USA is providing one lucky winner with a prize package including the Swatch Ruler and Needle Gauge and a Darning Needles Set! These tools will make sure your squares are the right size and you’ll be able to easily weave in all ends or even join squares together with the whipstitch or the mattress stitch. Show your support by following Clover USA on Facebook | Instagram.
Darn Good Yarn is providing one lucky winner with their Ultimate Yarn Storage Bag. I actually have this bag at home, and it is super awesome! It’s sturdy, has lots of pockets, and includes room for plenty of yarn. Show your support by following Darn Good Yarn on Facebook | Instagram.
Continue on to learn how to enter the giveaway for your chance to win one of these fabulous prizes!
Enter the You’ve Got Options CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway
- This is the end-of-CAL giveaway for the You’ve Got Options Crochet Along. The Crochet Along is hosted by CAL Central and the giveaway is organized by Underground Crafter.
- Enter the end-of-CAL giveaway using any of the options on the Rafflecopter widget below by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Sunday, March 29, 2020.
- Winners will be chosen from the entries at random. Each will win one of the three prizes listed above.
- Winners will be contacted approximately one week after the entries close. Winners will have one week to claim their prizes. If winners do not respond within one week, prizes will be awarded to alternates.
- The names of winners will be made available in list form by request from Underground Crafter.
- This giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
- Don’t forget to join the fun in our Facebook and Ravelry groups, too!