The Softie Crochet Along is the second crochet along of 2020 hosted in the CAL Central Facebook and Ravelry groups. It’s also our third annual Softie CAL! We’ve brought together ten of the top crochet designers out there to bring you free crochet patterns for softies. Join us to make great amigurumi projects to cuddly and play with, chat with other crocheters, and enter to win fabulous prizes!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
This is the main post for 2020 Softie crochet along. Read on for more details including:
- How the 2020 Softie Crochet Along Works,
- How To Join the 2020 Softie CAL,
- 2020 Softie Crochet Along Schedule,
- 2020 Softie CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes, and
- Enter the 2020 Softie CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway.
How the 2020 Softie Crochet Along Works
Every Monday from March 30 through June 1, 2020, we’ll share a free crochet pattern for a softie! You can make fun softie projects to keep, for gifts, or to donate to charity while chatting with other crocheters in our groups and sharing your projects to win giveaway prizes. Fairfield World has generously provided Poly-Fil Premium Polyester Fiber Filling and Poly-Fil Poly-Pellets Weighted Stuffing Beads to each participating designer.
Use the Rafflecopter entry below by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Sunday, June 7, 2020 to enter for your chance to win crochet patterns as digital prizes!
How To Join the 2020 Softie CAL
- You can join in by crocheting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #CALCentralCrochet on all social media. If you use Fairfield World Poly-Fil for your project, tag @fairfieldworld and use #fairfieldworld, too.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the CAL Central Facebook group or the CAL Central Ravelry group.
- By the end of the CAL, you’ll have up to 10 awesome projects. Make adorable softies while having fun with us!
- Use this button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
2020 Softie Crochet Along Schedule
This list will be updated during the CAL to include links to each pattern as it is released.
- March 30: 2020 Softie CAL Announcement and End-of-CAL giveaway (you are here)
- March 30: Pattern 1 by Underground Crafter
- Show your support by following Marie on Newsletter | Facebook | Instagram| Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter | YouTube
- Get the pattern for This Little Piggy Lip Balm Holder here
- April 6: Pattern 2 by Linda Dean
- Show your support by following Linda on Facebook | Pinterest | Ravelry | Twitter
- Get the pattern for Jack the Rabbit here
- April 13: Pattern 3 by 5 Little Monsters
- April 20: Pattern 4 by Jessie At Home
- April 27: Pattern 5 by Oombawka Design
- May 4: Pattern 6 by Stitches n Scraps
- May 11: Pattern 7 by Hooked for Life Publishing
- May 18: Pattern 8 by The Stitchin’ Mommy
- May 25: Pattern 9 by Divine Debris
- June 1: Pattern 10 by The Purple Poncho
- Show your support by following Carolyn on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | Ravelry
- Get the pattern for C2C Butterfly Pillow here
- Crochet at your own pace.
- June 7, 2020: Deadline for entering the end-of-CAL giveaways (see below for more details and to enter).
2020 Softie CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes
We love including prizes at the end of every CAL Central Crochet Along. For this crochet along, we’ll be providing digital PDF pattern prizes from several designers. This post will be updated in early April with more details on the prizes.
Continue on to learn how to enter the giveaway for your chance to win a prize!
Enter the 2020 Softie CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway
- This is the end-of-CAL giveaway for the 2020 Softie Crochet Along. The Crochet Along is hosted by CAL Central and the giveaway is organized by Underground Crafter.
- Enter the end-of-CAL giveaway using any of the options on the Rafflecopter widget below by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Sunday, June 7, 2020.
- Winners will be chosen from the entries at random. Each will win one of the prizes listed above.
- Winners will be contacted approximately one week after the entries close. Winners will have one week to claim their prizes. If winners do not respond within one week, prizes will be awarded to alternates.
- This giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
- Don’t forget to join the fun in our Facebook and Ravelry groups, too!
1 thought on “Announcing the Third Annual Softie Crochet Along!”
Looking forward to this.