The Halloween Crochet Along is the fourth crochet along of 2020 hosted in the CAL Central Facebook and Ravelry groups. It’s also our second annual Halloween CAL! We’ve brought together ten of your favorite crochet designers to bring you free crochet patterns for Halloween-themed projects including decorations, toys, costume elements, and more. Join us to make spooky Halloween projects to enjoy, chat with other crocheters, and enter to win fabulous prizes!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
This is the main post for 2020 Halloween crochet along. Read on for more details including:
- How the 2020 Halloween Crochet Along Works,
- How To Join the 2020 Halloween CAL,
- 2020 Halloween Crochet Along Schedule,
- 2020 Halloween CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes, and
- Enter the 2020 Halloween CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway.
How the 2020 Halloween Crochet Along Works
Every Monday and Thursday from August 17 through September 17, 2020, we’ll share a free crochet pattern for a Halloween-themed project. These patterns include decorations, toys, costume elements, and more. Nelsonwood, King Cole, Search Press North America, and Knitter’s Pride have provided us with some amazing prizes for our end-of-CAL giveaway. Scroll to the bottom of this post and use the Rafflecopter entry by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, September 20, 2020 to enter for your chance to win awesome prizes!
You can find all ten patterns from last year’s Halloween Crochet Along here.
How To Join the 2020 Halloween CAL
- You can join in by crocheting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #CALCentralCrochet and #HalloweenCAL2020 on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the CAL Central Crochet Facebook group, or visit this thread in the CAL Central Ravelry group.
- By the end of the CAL, you’ll have up to 10 spooky Halloween projects.
- Use this button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
2020 Halloween Crochet Along Schedule
This list will be updated during the CAL to include links to each pattern as it is released.
- August 17: 2020 Halloween CAL Announcement and End-of-CAL giveaway (you are here)
- August 17: Pattern 1 by Underground Crafter
- August 20: Pattern 2 by 3amgracedesigns
- August 24: Pattern 3 by Hooked for Life Publishing
- August 31: Pattern 4 by The Stitchin’ Mommy
- September 1: Pattern 5 by Jessie At Home
- September 3: Pattern 6 by The Blue Elephants
- September 7: Pattern 7 by Creative Crochet Workshop
- September 10: Pattern 8 by Stitches n Scraps
- September 14: Pattern 9 by Oombawka Design
- September 17: Pattern 10 by Moogly
- Crochet at your own pace.
- Sunday, September 20, 2020: Deadline for entering the end-of-CAL giveaways (see below for more details and to enter).
2020 Halloween CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes
We love to partner with our favorite companies to include prizes at the end of CAL Central Crochet Alongs. Nelsonwood, King Cole, Search Press North America, and Knitter’s Pride are sharing wonderful prizes. Read on for more details about the prizes and how to enter for your chance to win one of these prizes!
Nelsonwood will provide one lucky winner with one of the handcrafted, ergonomic wooden crochet hooks shown below. I’m a huge fan of Nelsonwood hooks. You can read my original review from 2015 here and watch the updated video version here. Show your support by visiting Nelsonwood on Etsy or the website and following on Facebook and Instagram.
King Cole will provide one lucky winner with a prize package of yarn goodies valued at $50. You can find King Cole yarns at your local yarn shop or online at LoveCrafts and Wool Warehouse. Show your support by following King Cole on Facebook and Instagram.
Search Press North America is putting together a prize package of crochet books valued at $100 for one lucky winner! You can see several of their recent and upcoming new releases below including Robyn Octopus & Friends (a knitting book but still adorable!), Amigurumi Christmas, Fairytale Blankets, and Crocheted Wreaths for the Home. Show your support by following Search Press North America on Facebook and Instagram.
Knitter’s Pride will provide one lucky winner with a hypoallergenic, mesmerizing rainbow stainless steel Row Counter Ring. Track your pattern progress easily on your index finger or thumb. Show your support by following Knitter’s Pride on Facebook and Instagram.
Continue on to learn how to enter the giveaway for your chance to win a prize!
Enter the 2020 Halloween CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway
- This is the end-of-CAL giveaway for the 2020 Halloween Crochet Along. The Crochet Along is hosted by CAL Central and the giveaway is organized by Underground Crafter.
- Enter the end-of-CAL giveaway using any of the options on the Rafflecopter widget below by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Sunday, September 20, 2020.
- Winners will be chosen from the entries at random. Each will win one of the prizes listed above.
- Winners will be contacted approximately one week after the entries close. Winners will have one week to claim their prizes. If winners do not respond within one week, prizes will be awarded to alternates.
- This giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
- Don’t forget to join the fun in our Facebook and Ravelry groups, too!