I’m delighted to share a crochet rainbow pillow pattern today. It will brighten up any room, and I’ve included a pattern for cumulus clouds, too!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. This project is sponsored by Fairfield World, but all opinions and thoughts are my own. Additional materials for this project were generously provided by Furls and Lion Brand.
This crochet rainbow pillow has been on my mind for a few months, but once I got my idea together, I was able to stitch it together in an afternoon! It starts with two rainbow panels.
Then, you’ll add your cumulus clouds. I made three, but you can make more if you’d like!
Once you add the cumulus clouds to your panel, you’ll seam the panels together.
Finally, you’ll add a puffy cloud border at the top.
Finally, you’ll insert a cushy and cozy Fairfield Poly-Fil Premier Ultra Plush Pillow Insert inside.
Et voilà, you have a great accent for any room! Customize your version with pastel, bright, or jewel toned rainbow colors.
Retro Rainbow with Cumulus Clouds Pillow
Crochet Rainbow Pillow Pattern by Underground Crafter
This colorful decorative pillow will light up any room.
- Approximately 12” (30.5 cm) square.
- Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 170 yd/156 m) – 1 skein each in 113 Scarlet (CA), 135 Rust (CB), 158 Mustard (CC), 172 Kelly Green (CD), 109 Colonial Blue (CE), 145 Eggplant (CF), and 100 White (CG), or approximately 60 yd (55 m) in each of 7 colors in any medium weight yarn.
- Furls Odyssey US Size H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Premier Ultra Plush Pillow Insert – 12” square.
- Locking stitch markers.
- Yarn needle.
- 16 dc x 8 rows = 4” (10 cm). Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be close together so pillow form does not show through.
Get the free crochet pattern here on the Fairfield website.
If you make your own Retro Rainbow with Cumulus Clouds Pillow, I’d love to see it! Share your progress and questions by tagging me on Facebook as @Underground Crafter, Instragram as @ucrafter, or Twitter as @ucrafter. You can also share a picture in the Underground Crafters Facebook group. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a coupon code for your choice of one of my premium patterns and private access to my vault of subscriber goodies. Plus, you’ll never miss one of my free patterns again!
Add the Retro Rainbow with Cumulus Clouds Pillow to your favorites or queue, or buy the ad-free PDF on Ravelry.