We’ve come to the end of the third week of our third annual Christmas in July Make Along, which means it must be time for a roundup! Today I’m sharing over 13 free handmade gift ideas for anyone. This roundup includes crochet and knitting patterns for the kiddos and adults of all genders on your handmade holiday gift list.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos are copyright the respective designer/publisher and are used with permission.
13+ Handmade Gift Ideas for Anyone
Are you ready to start making gifts for the handmade holidays? Today’s roundup includes 13+ free crochet and knitting patterns for handmade gift ideas for anyone: kids and adults of all genders. Find your next project in this collection of hats and neckwarmers, softies, and home decoration for anyone!
This pattern is part of the Christmas in July Make Along, with 31 days of free crochet, knitting, and sewing patterns and crafts tutorials by 27 bloggers, along with your chance to win a prize from one of our favorite companies — AndeanSun Yarns, Clover USA, Crosscut Sewing Co., Eucalan, Hooked for Life, Hummingbird Lane Fabrics, Knitter’s Pride, and Kraemer Yarns. Get all the Christmas in July Make Along details here and don’t forget to enter the giveaway by Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern.
Join the Christmas in July Make Along
- Sign up for the Underground Crafter newsletter to get updates with included patterns throughout the Make Along.
- You can join in by crocheting, knitting, sewing, or making the projects as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #CIJMakeAlong2021 on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crafters, join the Underground Crafters Facebook group
- By the end of the Make Along, you’ll have up to 31 awesome projects. Get ready for the handmade holiday season while having fun with us!
- Use this button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
9 Crochet Patterns
These 9 free crochet patterns include hats, neckwarmers and scarves, softies, and gifts for the home.
Left column, from top to bottom:
- Corner-to-Corner Pillow by You Should Craft: Change the yarn colors to create a project that can be gifted to kids, teens, or adults.
- Parker Penguin by The Loopy Lamb: This huggable penguin amigurumi will delight kids and teens as well as grown penguin lovers!
- Pocket Scarves by Underground Crafter: This beginner-friendly pattern is available in both child and adult sizes.
Center column, from top to bottom:
- Mossy Path Hat by 5 Little Monsters: This gender-neutral textured hat is available in 9 sizes from preemie through adult.
- V-Stitch Gender-Neutral Hat by Yarn Craftee: This striped hat pattern uses the beloved v-stitch, is available in 3 child and adult sizes, and includes a video tutorial.
- Men’s Bandana Scarf by Blue Star Crochet Company: This simple, textured scarf pattern would be a great gift for adults on your handmade holiday list.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Nutcracker by Crochet Wizzard: This nutcracker amigurumi pattern makes a great decoration for the holiday season, or a huggable gift for a child.
- Braided Ribs Neck Cozy by Mamas2Hands: This buttoned cowl makes a great gift for teens and adults alike.
- Sand Meets the Sea Scarf by Underground Crafter: This gender-neutral pocket scarf is made with two different colorways of self striping yarn to make the colorwork easy.
4 Knitting Patterns
These 4 free knitting patterns include hats and scarves to warm everyone on your handmade holiday list!
Shown clockwise from top left corner:
- My First Scarf by Edie Eckman: This striped garter stitch pattern is beginner-friendly and gender-neutral.
- Voyage Infinity Scarf by Stana’s Critters Etc. for Knit Picks: The pattern for this colorful scarf with a zig zag pattern is available in both written and charted format.
- Crags and Cusps Hat by Designs by Dilligence: The pattern for the adult size of this textured hat is available for free.
- Horizons Beanie by All About Ami: This cozy, striped beanie pattern has a double brim and is available in child and adult sizes.
Still looking for more handmade gift idea inspiration? Check out these roundups for even more handmade gift ideas for anyone!