It’s that time of year when spooky decorations are starting to show up and there is a lot of extra candy in the stores! I’m sharing the crochet pattern for the Gentle Ghost Softie, a cuddly, ghost amigurumi who isn’t spooky or scary. This is a portable pal that is small enough to bring on adventures during Halloween and beyond!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. This project is sponsored by Fairfield World, but all opinions and words are my own. Additional materials for this project were generously provided by Lion Brand.
When I was getting ready to design a ghost softie for Fairfield World, I thought about spooky ghosts and about friendly ghosts. October and the lead up to Halloween is a time of year where there can be a lot of scary visuals for little kids, but they still want to be involved in the season. That’s why I decided to make a smiling ghost pal!
The Gentle Ghost Softie is a very easy amigurumi project. There is only increasing and no decreasing. The amorphous body is very forgiving if you make any mistakes in your stitch count, and the same can be said for the frilled bottom. Basically, it’s a beginner-friendly project, or a good “watching streaming tv” project for more advanced crocheters.
The Gentle Ghost Softie is crocheted in two pieces, the Ghost Body and the Base. Technically, this isn’t a one-skein project because you need a yard of yarn or embroidery floss to decorate the mouth… but it’s basically a one-skein project.
Gentle Ghost Softie
Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
This smiling ghost amigurumi isn’t scary at all! This Halloween friend is large enough to cuddle but small enough to be portable.
- Approximately 7.75” (19.5 cm) tall before stuffing.
- Lion Brand Basic Stitch Anti Pilling yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 185 yd/170 m) – 1 skein in 98 Ecru (CA), or approximately 170 yd (155.5 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- 1 yd (1 m) pink yarn or embroidery floss (CB).
- US Size F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Premium Polyester Fiber Fill – 16 ounce bag.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set.
- Clover bent-tip yarn needle.
- 30 mm comical safety eyes – 1 pair.
- Through Rnd 10 = 4” (10 cm) in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be close together so fiber filling does not show through.
Get the free crochet pattern here on the Fairfield website.
If you make your own Gentle Ghost Softie, I’d love to see it! Share your progress and questions by tagging me on Facebook as @Underground Crafter, Instragram as @ucrafter, or Twitter as @ucrafter. You can also share a picture in the Underground Crafters Facebook group. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a coupon code for your choice of one of my premium patterns and private access to my vault of subscriber goodies. Plus, you’ll never miss one of my free patterns again!
Add Gentle Ghost Softie to your favorites or queue, or buy the ad-free PDF on Ravelry.