Welcome to Week 44 of the Textures and Tassels Blanket mystery crochet along! This week, we’ll be adding our second border which is textured with mock bobbles.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Materials for this project were generously provided by Clover USA and Lion Brand.
Join the Textures and Tassels Mystery Crochet Along!
- Learn more about the CAL (and enter to win the end-of-CAL giveaways by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on December 31, 2021) in this blog post.
- Add the Textures and Tassels Blanket pattern to your Ravelry projects. The ad-free PDF for this project will be free to my newsletter subscribers during the CAL. Sign up for my newsletter here so you never miss a clue!
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #undergroundcrafter and #texturesandtasselsblanket on all social media. You can also tag me as Underground Crafter on Facebook, or as @ucrafter on Instagram and Twitter when you’re sharing project pictures.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the Underground Crafters Facebook group or the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.
- By the end of the CAL, you’ll have your own beautiful throw blanket to cuddle up underneath.
- Use the button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
Textures and Tassels Blanket 44
Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
Stitches at different heights create a mock bobble border.
The Textures and Tassels Blanket is a mystery crochet along for a throw-sized blanket worked in a combination of motifs and rows. Borders are crocheted in the round and the blanket is finished off with tassels. (Optional, of course, if you don’t like tassels.) New clues will be released on Fridays through December 10, 2021.
- Throw Blanket.
- Lion Brand Heartland yarn (Solids: 100% acrylic, 5 oz/142 g, 251 yd/230 m; Tweeds: 94% acrylic/6% rayon, 4 oz/113 g, 200 yd/183 m): 14 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 3,320 yards/3,036 meters in any medium weight yarn.
- Clover Amour US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size that matches gauge or you prefer using with medium weight yarn.
- Clover Tassel Maker in Large or Small, or the bundle of both sizes (optional, but very helpful if you plan to finish your blanket with tassels).
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker set (optional, but helpful for marking the front and holding pieces together for seaming).
- Clover Chibi yarn needle.
- See individual clues for gauge information.
Textures and Tassels Blanket Pattern Notes
- The Textures and Tassels Blanket Blanket is constructed using a combination of motifs and rows. Borders are crocheted in the round. New “clues” will be released on Fridays during 2021.
- I am using 3 colors for my version of the blanket: Lion Brand Heartland yarn in 178 Pinnacles (CA), 195 Biscayne (CB), and 350 Mount Rainier Tweed (CC). This is a “dye lot” yarn, so be sure to get enough of each color you plan to use so that the colors match. If you substitute a “no dye lot” yarn, the dyes are consistent between batches so you can order additional yarn as needed and the colors will match.
- You can use as many or as few colors as you like for your version. I recommend at least 2 colors to show certain stitch patterns.
- Whenever possible, I recommend crocheting over your yarn tails as you work. Sometimes, a stitch pattern will be too lacy to effectively crochet over your yarn tails. In that case, I recommend weaving in ends.
- Fiber Flux has a helpful video tutorial for crocheting over your yarn tails as you work here.
- Stitches n Scraps has helpful video and photo tutorials for 3 ways of weaving in ends here. I use the yarn (tapestry) needle method.
- Because the border will be crocheted in the round over the unworked sides of rows, when changing colors often you can carry your yarn tails up the side of your work. AllFreeCrochet has a helpful video tutorial for carrying your yarn tails up the side of your work here.
- Color changes are only suggestions. You are welcome to change colors more or less often.
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern
- CA – Color A
- ch – chain
- rep – repeat
- Rnd(s) – Round(s)
- sc – single crochet
- sl st – slip stitch
- sp – space
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- tr – treble (triple) crochet
- *Repeat instructions after asterisk as indicated.
-  Repeat instructions between brackets as indicated.
- () Work instructions in parentheses into same stitch or space.
Notes for Part 44
- Ch 1 at beginning of Rows and and sl st joins do not count as a stitches.
- Color changes are only suggestions. You are welcome to change colors more or less often. For this section, my Color A is Lion Brand Heartland yarn in 178 Pinnacles.
- With Right Side facing up, join CA with sl st to any marked corner ch-2 sp.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, 2 sc in same ch-2 sp, *[sc in next st, tr in next st] across to ch-2 sp,** (2 sc, ch 2, place stitch marker in ch-2 sp, 2 sc) in next ch-2 sp; rep from * around, ending last rep after **, 2 sc in first ch-2 sp, ch 1, join with sc (counts as ch 1) to top of first sc, place stitch marker in ch-2 sp. – Multiple of 4 sts on each side + 4 ch-2 sp