I’m announcing a blanket mystery crochet along for 2021! The Textures and Tassels Blanket will be a way to play with textures, colors, and more to create your own unique throw blanket project. This post has all the information you’ll need to get started and participate throughout the year. Join the crochet along to make a fun project, explore different textures and construction methods, chat with other crocheters, and enter to win great prizes!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Supplies for this pattern were generously provided by Lion Brand and Clover USA.
This is the main post for this crochet along. Read on for more details including:
- How the Textures and Tassels Blanket Crochet Along Works,
- Textures and Tassels Yarn Requirements,
- How To Join the Textures and Tassels Blanket CAL,
- Textures and Tassels Blanket Schedule,
- Textures and Tassels Blanket End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes, and
- Enter the Textures and Tassels Blanket End-of-CAL Giveaway.
How the Textures and Tassels Blanket Crochet Along Works
On Fridays from January 15 – December 10, 2021, I’ll share a new post in the Textures and Tassels Blanket Crochet Along.
The Textures and Tassels Blanket is throw-sized blanket that will be worked in a combination of motifs and rows. Each week, I will share a new section the pattern. If you crochet along in “real time,” you’ll be crocheting one motif or about 4 rows a week. Some weeks, you may also join sections together. You are always free to skip a motif or set of stitches you don’t like or repeat sections you do like again later in the blanket. At the end, there will be borders crocheted in the round for several weeks and we’ll finish our blanket off with tassels! (Optional, of course, if you don’t like tassels.)
Don’t forget to enter the end-of-CAL giveaway by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Friday, December 31, 2021 (scroll down for details)!
Textures and Tassels Yarn Requirements
The Textures and Tassels pattern will be available in one size, as a large, cozy throw blanket. You can use it to cuddle under while watching television or crocheting your next project!
I’m using Lion Brand Heartland in three colors (178 Pinnacles, 195 Biscayne, and 350 Mount Rainier Tweed, shown from top to bottom) for my version. Heartland is one of my favorite yarns because it’s soft, comes in great colors, and washes and dries well.
For each Textures and Tassels Blanket you plan to make, you’ll need:
- Lion Brand Heartland yarn (Solids: 100% acrylic, 5 oz/142 g, 251 yd/230 m; Tweeds: 94% acrylic/6% rayon, 4 oz/113 g, 200 yd/183 m): 14 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 3,320 yards/3,036 meters in any medium weight yarn.
- Clover Amour US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size that matches gauge or you prefer using with medium weight yarn.
- Clover Tassel Maker in Large or Small, or the bundle of both sizes (optional, but very helpful if you plan to finish your blanket with tassels).
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker set (optional, but helpful for marking the front and holding pieces together for seaming).
- Clover Chibi yarn needle.
You can choose as many colors as you’d like. While you can even crochet the blanket in one color, I recommend at least 2 colors as some of the sections will highlight better against a second color.
I recommend using a US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or the size that you prefer using with medium weight yarn.
How To Join the Textures and Tassels Blanket CAL
- You can join in by crocheting along with each section of this blanket as you have time.
- Add the Textures and Tassels Blanket pattern to your Ravelry projects. The ad-free PDF for this project will be free to my newsletter subscribers during the CAL. Sign up for my newsletter here so you never miss a clue!
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #undergroundcrafter and #texturesandtasselsblanket on all social media. You can also tag me as Underground Crafter on Facebook, or as @ucrafter on Instagram and Twitter when you’re sharing project pictures.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the Underground Crafters Facebook group or the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.
- By the end of the CAL, you’ll have your own beautiful throw blanket to cuddle up underneath.
- Use the button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
Textures and Tassels Blanket CAL Schedule
The Textures and Tassels Blanket Crochet Along is a mystery CAL where you can unlock the mystery on Fridays in 2021! This section will be updated with links as new clues are released.
- January 8: Announcement, Yarn Requirements, and End-of-CAL Giveaway Information (you are here)
- January 15: Part 1: Bobbles and Spokes Square
- January 22: Part 2: Puffs and Double V-Stitch Square
- January 29: Part 3: Popcorns and V-Stitch Square
- February 5: Part 4: Frosted Window Square
- February 12: Part 5: Alternating Bobbles
- February 19: Part 6: Serene Petals Square
- February 26: Part 7: Spokes and Puffs Square
- March 5: Part 8: Rebecca Square
- March 12: Part 9: Ruth Square
- March 19: Part 10: Mildred’s Poppy Square
- March 26: Part 11: Doris Square
- April 2: Part 12: Crossed Double Crochet
- April 9: Part 13: Helen Square
- April 16: Part 14: Edith Square
- April 23: Part 15: Bertha Square
- April 30: Part 16: Dolores Square
- May 7: Part 17: Ethel Square
- May 14: Part 18: Stella Square
- May 21: Part 19: Bernice Square
- May 28: Part 20: Bessie Square
- June 4: Part 21: Pebble Stitch
- June 11: Part 22: Elsie Square
- June 18: Part 23: Myrtle Square
- June 25: Part 24: Lillian Square
- July 2: Part 25: Mabel Square
- July 9: Part 26: Bobble Symbols Square
- July 16: Part 27: Bobble Chevron Square
- July 23: Part 28: Viola Square
- July 30: Part 29: Florence Square
- August 6: Part 30: Crossed Double Crochet
- August 13: Part 31: Marjorie Square
- August 20: Part 32: Josephine Square
- August 27: Part 33: Minnie Square
- September 3: Part 34: Eva Square
- September 10: Part 35: Agnes Square
- September 17: Part 36: Hazel Square
- September 24: Part 37: Alternating Bobbles
- October 1: Part 38: Vera Square
- October 8: Part 39: Lois Square
- October 15: Part 40: Leona Square
- October 22: Part 41
- October 23: Part 42
- Parts 43-47
- December 10: Part 48
- Crochet at your own pace
- December 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern: Deadline for entering the end-of-CAL giveaways (see below for more details and to enter).
Textures and Tassels Blanket End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes
You know I love to include giveaways in every crochet along I organize. The prize details for this crochet along will be updated.
Clover USA will provide a Quick Locking Stitch Marker set and Amour crochet hook in the winner’s choice of size to one lucky winner. Show your support by visiting Clover USA on its website and following on Facebook and Instagram.
Hooked for Life Publishing will provide one lucky winner with a Hookers Rule sticker. Now everyone will know how much you love to crochet! Show your support by following Hooked for Life on Facebook | Instagram.
Lion Brand Yarn will provide 4 skeins of Heartland yarn in the winner’s choice of colors to one lucky winner. Show your support by visiting Lion Brand on its website and following on Facebook and Instagram.
Enter the Textures and Tassels Blanket End-of-CAL Giveaway
- This is the end-of-CAL giveaway for the Textures and Tassels Blanket mystery crochet along hosted and organized by Underground Crafter.
- Enter the end-of-CAL giveaway using any of the options on the Rafflecopter widget below by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on December 31, 2021.
- Winners will be chosen from the entries at random. Each will win one of the prizes listed above.
- Winners will be contacted approximately one week after the entries close. Winners will have one week to claim their prizes. If winners do not respond within one week, prizes will be awarded to alternates.
- The names of winners will be made available in list form by request from Underground Crafter.
- This giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
- Don’t forget to join the fun in the Underground Crafters Facebook group or the Underground Crafter Ravelry group, too!