I’m excited to share the twenty-fourth pattern in the fourth annual Christmas in July Make Along and the third pattern by the Underground Crafter Design Team! The Intertwined Dishcloth is a beginner-friendly basketweave dishcloth knitting pattern that works up like magic. It’s perfect for last-minute gifts. Pair it with handmade soaps as a washcloth for a spa gift, or with baking or cooking utensils as a gift for your favorite foodie.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. I am a King Cole Brand Ambassador and this post is part of our ongoing collaboration.
This year, I’ve started sharing patterns by guest designers who choose to remain anonymous as the Underground Crafter Design Team. These indie designers transfer the rights to a particular pattern over to Underground Crafter so I can share their work with you — but only if I don’t reveal their names. Think of these patterns as fun secrets!
The beautiful textures of the Intertwined Dishcloth are made with a simple basketweave stitch pattern. Make your version with 100% cotton yarn so they are easy to clean, absorbent, and durable. The sample is made with King Cole Vogue DK, and I just love the subtle color changes.
Vogue DK is available from your local yarn shop or online at LoveCrafts or Wool Warehouse UK.
Scroll down to get the free pattern for Intertwined Dishcloth. This is the twenty-fourth pattern in the fourth annual Christmas in July Make Along with Underground Crafter. You can get all the details, including links to all 31 included patterns, and enter the giveaway for your chance to win a great prize in this blog post. Each pattern can be finished in less than a day! To join the Christmas in July Make Along:
- Sign up for the Underground Crafter newsletter to get regular updates, including links to new Make Along patterns, each week. When you sign up, you’ll also get access to my subscriber vault which includes exclusive free PDF patterns, a coupon code for your choice of any crochet or knitting pattern or ebook from my Ravelry shop, and coupon codes from other indie designers and crafts businesses.
- You can join in by crocheting, knitting, sewing, or making the projects as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #CIJMakeAlong2022 on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crafters, join the Underground Crafters Facebook group.
- If you need more handmade holiday inspiration, check out the weekly roundups with even more free patterns for gift ideas.
- By the end of the Make Along, you’ll have up to 31 awesome projects. Get ready for the handmade holiday season while having fun with us!
- Use this button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
If you make your own Intertwined Dishcloth, I’d love to see it! Share your progress and questions by tagging me on Facebook as @Underground Crafter or Instragram as @ucrafter. You can also share a picture in the Underground Crafters Facebook group. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a coupon code for your choice of one of my premium patterns and private access to my vault of subscriber goodies. Plus, you’ll never miss one of my free patterns again!
Add the Intertwined Dishcloth to your favorites or queue, or buy the ad-free PDF on Ravelry.
Basketweave Dishcloth Knitting Pattern by Underground Crafter
This beginner-friendly basketweave dishcloth knitting pattern works up like magic! Perfect for last-minute gifts! This pattern is part of the fourth annual Christmas in July Make Along with Underground Crafter.
- 9” (23 cm) square.
- King Cole Vogue DK yarn (100% cotton, 1.75 oz/50 g/113 yd/103 m) – 1 skein in 2119 Egg Blue, or approximately 113 yd (103 m) in any light weight, cotton yarn.
- Vogue DK is available from your local yarn shop or online at LoveCrafts or Wool Warehouse UK.
- US Size 5/3.75 mm knitting needles, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- 20 sts = 4” (10 cm) across in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this pattern. Your stitches should make a tight fabric because cotton dishcloths loosen when wet.
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern
- k – knit
- p – purl
- rep – repeat
-  Repeat instructions between brackets as indicated.
- With long-tail cast on, cast on 45 stitches.
- Border Rows 1-5: K across.
Main Dishcloth Pattern
- Row 1: (Wrong Side) K3, p across to last 3 stitches, k3.
- Row 2: (Right Side) K6, p6, [k3, p6] 3 times, k6.
- Rows 3-6: Rep Rows 1-2 twice.
- Row 7: Rep Row 1.
- Row 8: K3, p3, [k6, p3] 4 times, k3.
- Rows 9-10: Rep Rows 7-8.
- Row 11: Rep Row 1.
- Rep Rows 2-11, 5 more times.
- Rep Border Rows 1-5.
- Bind off knitwise.
- With yarn needle, weave in yarn tails on wrong side.
1 thought on “Intertwined Basketweave Dishcloth Knitting Pattern”