Welcome to Week 11 of the Mélange Blanket mystery crochet along with Underground Crafter! This week’s pattern is the C2C Mini Bean Stitch Square by A Crocheted Simplicity.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Materials for this project were generously provided by King Cole and Denise Interchangeables.
Join the Mélange Blanket Mystery Crochet Along!
- Learn more about the CAL (and enter the giveaway for your chance to win a one of five great prizes from babé crochet co., Denise Interchangeables, GlassEyesOnline, King Cole, and Knitter’s Relief Balm by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on December 22, 2023) in this blog post.
- You can join in by crocheting along with each square of this blanket as you have time.
- Sign up for my newsletter here so you never miss a clue!
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #undergroundcrafter and #melangeblanketcal on all social media. You can also tag me as Underground Crafter on Facebook, or as @ucrafter on Instagram when you’re sharing project pictures.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the Underground Crafters Facebook group or follow Mélange Blanket CAL thread the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.
- By the end of the CAL, you’ll have 48 beautiful squares you can put together into a beautiful blanket.
- Use the button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
Mélange Blanket Square 11: C2C Mini Bean Stitch Square
Jennifer made several versions of the C2C Mini Bean Stitch Square, including a solid (one color) version and several multi-color versions. For my version, I used King Cole Big Value Aran, which is available through your local yarn shop or online at LoveCrafts or Wool Warehouse UK, and my Denise US Size J-10/6 mm crochet hook. Using the same hook and yarn throughout this project helps me keep consistent gauge across all my squares.
If you’ve been following this CAL, you know that I like to play around with colors and do things a little differently than the designer. For my multicolor version, I used Ocean through Increase Row 10, Berry through the Decrease Rows, and then Nougat for the Final Rows and for the Edging. I followed the instructions for the Edging for Solid Color Squares. My square was exactly the right size at the end of the Edging, but it was a bit wonky looking so I spray blocked the square pretty intensely (but not a full wet block). (If you’re new to blocking, check out Blocking Basics for Crocheters and Knitters.)
Head over to A Crocheted Simplicity and get the free crochet pattern for the C2C Mini Bean Stitch Square here. Don’t forget to share your version online using #undergroundcrafter and #melangeblanketcal as hashtags.Tag me as Underground Crafter on Facebook, or as @ucrafter on Instagram when you’re sharing project pictures, or share your pictures in the Underground Crafters Facebook group or in the Mélange Blanket CAL thread the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.