Welcome to Week 18 of the Mélange Blanket mystery crochet along with Underground Crafter! This week’s pattern is the Bennington Blanket Square by Banana Moon Studio.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Materials for this project were generously provided by King Cole and Denise Interchangeables.
Join the Mélange Blanket Mystery Crochet Along!
- Learn more about the CAL (and enter the giveaway for your chance to win a one of five great prizes from babé crochet co., Denise Interchangeables, GlassEyesOnline, King Cole, and Knitter’s Relief Balm by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on December 22, 2023) in this blog post.
- You can join in by crocheting along with each square of this blanket as you have time.
- Sign up for my newsletter here so you never miss a clue!
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #undergroundcrafter and #melangeblanketcal on all social media. You can also tag me as Underground Crafter on Facebook, or as @ucrafter on Instagram when you’re sharing project pictures.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the Underground Crafters Facebook group or follow Mélange Blanket CAL thread the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.
- By the end of the CAL, you’ll have 48 beautiful squares you can put together into a beautiful blanket.
- Use the button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
Mélange Blanket Square 18: Bennington Blanket Square
Our eighteenth square pattern is the Bennington Blanket Square by Banana Moon Studio. You can find April online at Etsy | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Ravelry | YouTube | Newsletter
April’s 6″ (15 cm) version of the Bennington Blanket Square is shown below. She also has an 8″ (20.5 cm) version of the pattern.
For my version, I used King Cole Big Value Aran, which is available through your local yarn shop or online at LoveCrafts or Wool Warehouse UK, and my Denise US Size J-10/6 mm crochet hook. Using the same hook and yarn throughout this project helps me keep consistent gauge across all my squares. For my version, I used three colors (changing in the last yarn over of the Round). I used Berry through Round 2 and changed to Nougat for Round 3. I changed to Ocean for Round 4, and Nougat for Round 5 and Ocean for Round 6. I used Nougat again for Round 7, but my square was already close to 5″ (13 cm) after Round 6, so instead of using double crochets, I used half double crochets. I used Ocean for Round 8. I lightly spray blocked the square. (If you’re new to blocking, check out Blocking Basics for Crocheters and Knitters.)
Head over to Banana Moon Studio and get the free crochet pattern for the Bennington Blanket Square here. Don’t forget to share your version online using #undergroundcrafter and #melangeblanketcal as hashtags.Tag me as Underground Crafter on Facebook, or as @ucrafter on Instagram when you’re sharing project pictures, or share your pictures in the Underground Crafters Facebook group or in the Mélange Blanket CAL thread the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.