I’m sharing the third of five weekly roundups including handmade gift ideas as part of the fifth annual Christmas in July Make Along! Last week’s theme was gift ideas for anyone, and this collection includes 12 crochet, knitting, and sewing patterns for projects for almost anyone on your handmade holiday gift list, including gender-neutral patterns and projects for children and adults, and links to 45 more gift ideas for anyone!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos are copyright the respective designer/publisher and are used with permission.
To join the Christmas in July Make Along:
- Sign up for Christmas in July Make Along Along updates and the Underground Crafter newsletter to get regular updates, including an update as each pattern is released. When you sign up, you’ll also get access to my subscriber vault which includes exclusive free PDF patterns, a coupon code for your choice of any crochet or knitting pattern or ebook from my Ravelry shop, and coupon codes from other indie designers and crafts businesses.
- Visit this blog post for links to each pattern as it goes live, and to enter the giveaway by Friday, August 4, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern for your chance to win one of nine prizes from Eucalan, Fox & Pine Stitches, GlassEyesOnline, Hartiful, KennyClayCo, KnitPal, Knitter’s Relief Balm, Search Press North America, and seashellcrafter.
- You can join in by crocheting, knitting, sewing, or making the projects as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #CIJMakeAlong2023 on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crafters, join the Underground Crafters Facebook group.
- If you need more handmade holiday inspiration, check out the weekly roundups with even more free patterns for gift ideas.
- By the end of the Make Along, you’ll have up to 31 awesome projects. Get ready for the handmade holiday season while having fun with us!
- Use this button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
12+ Free Handmade Gift Ideas for Anyone
This week’s theme for the Christmas in July Make Along is gifts for anyone. It’s never too early to get a jump start on the handmade holidays! Today’s roundup includes 12+ free crochet, knitting, and sewing patterns for handmade gift ideas for anyone. Find your next project in this collection of garments and accessories for anyone, including gender-neutral ideas, projects for kids and adults, and gift ideas for teachers, neighbors, and more!
6 Crochet Patterns
These six free crochet patterns for anyone include bags, a hat, an ornament, a keychain, an angel, and more!
- Serenity Hat by 5 Little Monsters: This simple, gender-neutral pattern works up quickly in bulky weight yarn and is available in 5 sizes.
- Succulent by Stitch by Fay: A perfect gift for plant lover and those without a green thumb!
- Shuri Purse by Creations by Courtney: A tapestry crochet creation for all the fashionistas out there!
- Little Star Amigurumi by Raffamusa Designs: This adorable 3D star can be transformed into a keychain or an ornament.
- Mini Holiday Tote by Pine Tree Crochet: This simple tote can be made from yarn scraps and used as gift wrap!
- Gabriella Angel by Oombawka Design Crochet: This is one of 20+ free crochet angel patterns designed by Rhondda!
3 Knitting Patterns
These three free knitting patterns for anyone include accessories for kids and adults.
- Cuffed Hat and Mittens by Lasse L. Matberg: This simple set includes five sizes for children and adults.
- Wild Winter Balaclava by Stitches n Scraps: This cozy, one-piece head and face covering is available in child and adult sizes.
- Fisherman’s Rib Beginner Scarf by Hooked for Life: This classic pattern pairs with a matching hat. Both include video tutorials.
3 Sewing Patterns
These three free sewing patterns for anyone include a pillowcase, a bookmark, and a home organizer.
- Easy Bookmarks by Sew What Alicia: This simple tutorial includes 3 variations on beginner-friendly bookmarks that are perfect gifts for all the readers in your life.
- Easy Lined Pillowcase by Underground Crafter: Everybody sleeps, and this beginner friendly pattern is available for five standard pillow sizes.
- DIY Remote Control Holder via AllFreeSewing: These simple organizers can also be used for magazines and more!
Still looking for more handmade gift idea inspiration? Check out these roundups for 45 more handmade gift ideas for anyone!