pWelcome to the first weekly roundup of the 2018 Christmas in July Crochet Along! I’m sharing 21 free crochet patterns to make great gifts for babies, kids, and teens, along with a spotlight on one of our end-of-CAL giveaway prizes, so read on for details.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. All photos are © the respective designers and publishers and are used with permission.
If you’re just learning about the 2018 Christmas in July Crochet Along, you can find all the details here, including the schedule, links to patterns as they go live, and instructions for entering the end-of-CAL giveaway.
2018 Christmas in July Crochet Along Giveaway Spotlight
This week, we’re highlighting Page Street Publishing. They will provide one lucky winner with a copy of Baby & Kids Crochet Style: 30 Patterns for Stunning Heirloom Keepsakes, Adorable Nursery Decor and Boutique-Quality Accessories. This is a brand new book that hasn’t even been released yet by the ultra-talented Jennifer Dougherty, also know as Crochet by Jennifer.
Baby & Kids Crochet Style is follow up to Jennifer’s Crochet Style: Over 30 Trendy, Classic and Sporty Accessories for All Ages.
21 Free Crochet Patterns To Make Great Gifts for Babies, Kids, and Teens
Roundup by Underground Crafter
- Rainbow Dreams Sack Hat by The Stitchin’ Mommy: This adorable hat is available in 8 infant, toddler, and child sizes.
- Watermelon Pillow by Divine Debris: This would be a great pillow for adding a special touch to a decorated bedroom.
- Mini American Girl Post Stitch Dress by ABC Knitting Patterns: These dresses are designed to fit the American Girl mini dolls.
- Capri Circle Bag by Two of Wands: This tassled bag would be a great project for your favorite young fashionista.
- Mr. Putty Cat, Sr. and Putty Cat, Jr. by Underground Crafter: These rag doll style amigurumi cats make great gifts as a family set or as individuals. Include a gift card in Mr. Putty Cat, Sr.’s front pocket and a book, tablet, or other flat gift in his large back pocket.
Second column, from top to bottom:
- Spike the Sloth by Winding Road Crochet: This cute sloth is the perfect size for hugging.
- Dinosaur Softie by 5 Little Monsters: This prehistoric pal makes a great gift for the budding paleontologist in your life.
- Totally Teen Fingerless Gloves by Goddess Crochet: These fingerless gloves work up quickly in a super bulky yarn.
- Tic Tac Toe Game and Tote by YARNutopia: This pattern would make a great family gift and it includes both a written pattern and a video tutorial.
- Baby Cocoon and Hat by Left in Knots: This would be a great project for welcoming a newborn to her or his first winter holiday season.
Third column, from top to bottom:
- Minty Cherry Stars Cowl by Creative Crochet Workshop: This cowl includes a pom pom border and fun appliques to delight any child.
- Bird Baskets by Blackstone Designs: This basket pattern includes flamingo and pelican variations. These work up quickly in super bulky yarn and you can fill them with extra goodies!
- Soccer Ball by Repeat Crafter Me: This crocheted soccer ball is great for indoor play or as a pillow for your favorite soccer fan.
- Fluffy Dog Amigurumi by Ami Amour: This pattern is perfect for your favorite canine-loving kid, and includes video tutorials for the brush crochet technique as well as for the full pattern.
- Abby Doll by B.Hooked Crochet: This doll can be customized by changing the skin tone and hair color, and by adding clothes. The pattern includes video tutorials.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Bumble Bee Backpack by Crochet for You: This backpack is a fun gift and it’s useful, too.
- Pizza Coasters by Whistle and Ivy: These coasters are a great gift for any pizza loving teen.
- Bavarian Cardi by Stitches n Scraps: This cozy, unisex cardigan pattern is available in sizes from 6 months to 4T.
- Stanley Duck Amigurumi by One Dog Woof: Worked in three different weights of yarn for three different sizes, this pattern also includes video tutorials.
- Amigurumi Turtle by All About Ami: This pattern for an adorable turtle includes pictures and notes to help you with assembly and placement.