It’s September and that means that Halloween is just around the corner (in crochet time, that is). I teamed up with Rhondda from Oombawka Design Crochet to co-host a Halloween Crochet Along, and of course we had to invite five more designers to join us! The Halloween CAL will feature seven free crochet patterns by seven designers, along with great end-of-CAL prizes from eight of our favorite companies.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
Read on to learn more about the 2018 Halloween Crochet Along, including:
- How the 2018 Halloween CAL Works,
- How To Join the 2018 Halloween CAL,
- 2018 Halloween CAL Schedule,
- 2018 Halloween CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes, and
- Enter the 2018 Halloween CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway.
How the 2018 Halloween CAL Works
Every Wednesday from September 5 through October 24, 2018, we’ll share a free crochet pattern for Halloween-themed project. These patterns include decorations, toys, costume elements, and more.
Crippen Works, Denise, Dover Publications, My Darn Yarn, Pavilion, Quilt Knit Craft, Red Heart, and Undead Yarn have provided us with some amazing prizes for our end-of-CAL giveaway. Don’t forget to share a picture of one of your completed Halloween CAL projects at the bottom of this post by 11:59 p.m. on November 1, 2018 to enter for your chance to win.
How To Join the 2018 Halloween CAL
- You can join in by crocheting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #HalloweenCAL2018 on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the Crochet With Us and Underground Crafters Facebook groups, or visit this thread in the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.
- By the end of the CAL, you’ll have up to 7 spooky Halloween projects.
- Use one of these buttons below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
2018 Halloween CAL Schedule
- September 5: Pattern 1 by Underground Crafter – Black Cat Softie
- September 12: Pattern 2 by Maria’s Blue Crayon – Amigurumi Frankenstein Ragdoll
- September 19: Pattern 3 by Stitches n Scraps – Ghostly Garland
- September 26: Pattern 4 by Oombawka Design
- October 3: Pattern 5 by Snappy Tots
- October 10: Pattern 6 Creative Crochet Workshop
- October 17: Pattern 7 by The Stitchin’ Mommy
- Crochet at your own pace
- November 1 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern: Deadline to enter the end-of-CAL giveaway (see below for details)
2018 Halloween CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes
Crochet alongs are more fun with prizes, so we reached out to eight of our favorite companies. Each company is providing one prize to an end-of-CAL giveaway winner. Here is a list of the prizes.
- One winner will receive a handmade crochet hook case from Crippen Works. You can see an example of Katharyn’s hook cases below. Show your support by following Katharyn on Etsy.
- One winner will receive a Love2Crochet interchangeable crochet hook set from Denise. Show your support by following Denise on their Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube.
- One winner will receive a copy of Creepy Crawly Crochet: 17 Creatures That Go Bump in the Night by Megan Kreiner and a copy of Crochet Stories: Grimms’ Fairy Tales by Vanessa Putt from Dover Publications. Show your support by following Dover Publications on their Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube.
- One winner will receive a handmade crochet hook from My Darn Yarn. You can see examples of Amanda’s hooks below. Show your support by following Amanda on Etsy.
- One winner will receive a copy of Edward’s Menagerie: Dogs by Kerry Lord from Pavilion. Show your support by following Pavilion on their Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube.
- One winner will receive a handmade medium project bag from QuiltKnitCraft. You can see an example of Kathy’s bags below. Show your support by following Kathy on her Website | Etsy | Instagram | Pinterest.
- One winner will receive a bundle from Red Heart, including a set of Silvalume Soft Ergonomic Hooks in all 7 sizes, a Pom Pom Maker, a Heart Shape Tape Measure, and the winner’s choice of 4 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver Fair Isle, Stripes, and Ombré yarns. Show your support by following Red Heart on their Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube.
- One winner will receive a skein of hand dyed yarn of their choice from Undead Yarn. You can see a sample of Undead Yarn‘s work below. Show your support by following Undead Yarn on Etsy.
Enter the 2018 Halloween CAL End-of-CAL Giveaway
- This is the end-of-CAL giveaway for the 2018 Halloween Crochet Along. The Crochet Along is hosted by Oombawka Design and Underground Crafter and the giveaway is organized by Underground Crafter.
- To enter the end-of-CAL giveaway for one of the prizes described above, share one picture of each project you completed using a 2018 Halloween Crochet Along pattern by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Thursday, November 1, 2018. Each completed project will count as one entry into the giveaway.
- If you do not wish to share a project picture, you may also enter by mailing a letter with your name, the name of the CAL, and your email address (so we can contact you if you win) to Underground Crafter, Planetarium Station, P.O. Box 340, New York, NY 10024 USA. The letter must be received by Thursday, November 1, 2018 to be eligible to win this end-of-CAL giveaway.
- You are not required to use a link to enter, but if you do, please link directly to the project on your blog/Ravelry/Instagram and not to your main page. If you are new to InLinkz Link Ups, you can find a tutorial here.
- Eight winners will be chosen from the entries at random. Each will win one of the prizes listed above.
- Winners will be contacted approximately one week after the entries close. Winners will have two weeks to claim their prizes. If winners do not respond within two weeks, prizes will be awarded to alternates.
- The names of winners will be made available in list form by request from Underground Crafter.
- This giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
- Don’t forget to join the fun in the Crochet With Us and Underground Crafters Facebook groups, or in this thread in the Underground Crafter Ravelry group. You can share as many pictures as you like in the groups, but only the pictures submitted here will count as giveaway entries.