Happy Friday! Here’s a roundup of 5 free crochet patterns to get you excited about crocheting all weekend.
This post contains affiliate links.
This week’s theme is 6″ (15 cm) granny squares. These quick, portable projects are great stress relievers and stash busters. I like to make grannies when I have a moment and store them up for a later blanket project. (If you worry about combining grannies by different designers, check out my post How to design a beautiful blanket using granny square patterns from multiple sources for helpful hints!)
All photos are used with permission and are copyright the respective designers.
From left to right,
- Sensational Sunburst Square, free crochet pattern by Anastacia Zittel: This delightful square is one of 36 free patterns included in the Mystery Lapghan Crochet-a-Long. You can find links to all 36 patterns here. If you’d like to learn more about Anastacia, read my interview with her here.
- A Star in the Sky, free crochet pattern by The Stitchin’ Mommy: This textured square is made with Lily Sugar’n Cream cotton yarn so it also makes a great dishcloth, scrubby, or hotpad.
- Katy Square, free crochet pattern by Marie Segares (that’s me!): This square is made in Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Baby and includes crossed stitches and clusters for added texture.
- Dahlia Burst, free crochet pattern by Oombawka Design: This lovely floral square is made with Red Heart with Love yarn.
- Jacob’s Square, free crochet pattern by Jessie Rayot: This square includes a Jacob’s Ladder stitch tutorial and is made with Red Heart Soft yarn.
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like these other free crochet pattern roundups. Click on the image to link to the post.