I love to crochet hexagons. They are sometimes even more fun to make than granny squares! Compared to other non-square shapes (thcink octagons, circles, and pentagons), I find them much easier to join together. Today’s Granny Square Month post is a roundup of 16 free crochet hexagon patterns by some of my favorite designers. These patterns include hexagon motifs, scarves, blankets, and bags, as well as a rug, a hoodie, a shawl, and a seat cushion. Enjoy!
All images are copyright the respective designer and are used with permission.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.
Top row, from left to right:
- Popcorn Hexagon by Underground Crafter (that’s me!)
- Strawflower Hexagon Scarf with video tutorial by Fiber Flux
- Little Flower Hexagon by Zooty Owl
- African Flower Hexagon with video tutorial by Posh Pooch Designs
Second row, from left to right:
- Hexagon Honeycomb Stroller Blanket by Underground Crafter (that’s me!)
- Strawflower Hexagon Tote with video tutorial by Fiber Flux
- Crab Hexi by Trifles & Treasures
- Hexagon Baby Blanket with photo and video tutorials by Meladora’s Creations
Third row, from left to right:
- Bee’s Knees Rug by Moogly
- Hexagonal Granny Hooded Cardigan with video tutorial by YARNutopia
- Hexagon Fall Flower Tote by CrochetNCrafts
- The Hex Bag by Speckless
Bottom row, from left to right:
- Hexie Puff Seat Cushion by Whistle and Ivy
- Dahlia Hexagon Handbag by Hopeful Honey
- Hexagon Scarf by Whistle and Ivy
- Hexagonal Motif Shawl by ABC Knitting Patterns