One of my favorite things about the holidays is gifting handmade. I get to indulge my creative side while making a unique and special gift. I’ve been gifting handmade for as long as I can remember. Coming from a family of talented needle artists, handmade gifts (usually sewn or crocheted) were always part of the holiday experience.
Now, even when I don’t have the time (or the skills) to make the gift I have in mind, I can support a small business while getting a handmade gift on Etsy! This roundup features great gift ideas from Etsy, including crochet patterns you can use to make a gift yourself and handmade items and kits that are readymade for gifting. (I’ve also listed any Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and/or Cyber Monday sales for 2017 that I’m aware of at the time of this post.)
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos are copyright the respective designer/publisher and are used with permission.
15+ Etsy Crochet and Knitting Gift Ideas for the Holidays
Roundup by Underground Crafter
If you have the time and inclination to make a gift, here are twelve designers to check out! I’ve highlighted one pattern or ebook from each designer as well as providing a link to her shop.
- DoraDoes, the crochet designer behind the Snowicorn, sells some of her creative crochet designs in her Etsy shop. All patterns, including the Red Pillow, will be 10% off on Black Friday.
- Crafting Friends Designs has over 100 crochet patterns for children, women, and home listed in her Etsy shop. One of my favorite holiday patterns is her Classic Cable Star Christmas Tree Skirt. All individual patterns are 30% off during her Black Friday weekend sale.
- Crochet by Jennifer has hundreds of patterns for women and children and has over 27,000 sales on Etsy! The Chain Link Slouch is one of my favorite hat patterns in her collection. All individual patterns are 30% off during her Black Friday weekend sale.
- Angela from Little Monkey Shop is a talented crochet designer whose patterns have been featured on Underground Crafter before. Her crochet patterns, including the Asymmetrical Shawl, will be 30% off from Black Friday through Cyber Monday. She also sells Ready to Ship Gifts and Crochet Yarn Kits, which make great gifts for other crocheters.
- Psychadelic Doilies, an Etsy shop specializing in pop-culture-inspired crafts, will be selling her The Office Blanket crochet pattern for 50% off during her holiday sale.
- Liz from Playin’ Hooky Designs is known for her creative hat patterns, like the Adult Gingham Beanie.
- The Friendly Red Fox is known for her adorable amigurumi patterns. Make dolls for every boy and girl on your holiday list with her Ultimate Friendly Doll Bundle. Get 20% off any pattern through Sunday with coupon code THANKYOU2017.
- I’ve featured Alessandra from Just Be Happy on Underground Crafter before. She is a talented crochet designer and author with thousands of sales on Etsy. One of my favorite holiday patterns in her collection is the Christmas Sampler Blanket.
- Two of Wands is a crochet and knitting designer who specializes in on-trend accessories for women, men, and kids. Her crochet Reindeer Hood would make a great gift for someone on your handmade holiday list.
- Amy Gaines is a crochet and knitting designer and author who makes awesome amigurumi patterns. She even has a section with all of her Christmas patterns available for instant download.
- Posh Patterns has so many great crochet and knitting patterns for hats and other accessories, but one of my favorites in her collection is this crochet Slouchy Hat.
- Deborah O’Leary Patterns features beautiful crochet and knit designs with a specialization in unique blankets and rugs. The Bear Rug makes an adorable gift for any nursery.
3 Crochet and Knitting Kits and Supplies
Give a gift that keeps on giving to a fellow crocheter or knitter! These kits and crafts supplies will give your loved one the joy of making their own project. Shown from top to bottom.
- Stacey from FreshStitches is one of my favorite crochet designers (and she’s also an author and teacher). She sells awesome craft eyes that would be a perfect gift for any friend who likes to make softies and amigurumi.
- I’m a huge fan of Hooked by Angel and I’ve featured her on the blog before. In addition to her Custom Dog Cozies (which I’ve gifted in the past and are an unique treat for any dog lover), she also sells breed-specific crochet dog cozy kits that are perfect for any dog-loving crocheter on your holiday gift list.
- If you have any knitters on your holiday gift list, consider KT and the Squid’s Moya Shawl kit with a knitting pattern and hand dyed superwash Merino wool yarn.
And, if you’ve run out of time to make your own handmade gift, these sellers can help you out.
- KnottyNiki makes crochet accessories for kids and women. Everything in her shop, including The Sandy Slouch, will be 25% off for Black Friday through Cyber Monday.
- Thick Cozy Crochet’s holiday sale includes free shipping to the U.S. and Canada for orders placed Thanksgiving through Small Business Saturday. You can also any buy two handmade items, like the Chunky Handknit Beanie, and get 15% off your order.