This is the tenth post in my series of roundups for handmade gift ideas for the winter holiday season. This roundup includes 22 free crochet and knitting patterns, and sewing, embroidery, and other craft tutorials for the home. I’ve included pillows, table settings, baskets and organizers, and more, so there should be plenty of inspiration for projects for everyone on your handmade holiday list!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos are copyright the respective designer/publisher and are used with permission.
22 Handmade Gift Ideas for the Home
Roundup by Underground Crafter
These six projects include easy painting, sewing, and multi-craft projects. Shown clockwise from top left.
- Floral Embroidered Floor Pouf by Crafty Lady Abby: This decorative project covers a Fairfield Foamology Soft Support Foam Tuffet.
- DIY Decorative Throw Pillows by It’s Always Autumn: This tutorial includes two sewn pillow variations.
- 15-Minute Stencilled Envelope Pillow by Hello Creative Family: This quick and easy sewing project is easily customized with stencils.
- Giant Quilted Book Cushion Tutorial (Part 1 and Part 2) by Pieces by Polly: These jumbo quilted cushions make great gifts for any child’s room using Fairfield Foamology 5” Project Foam.
- DIY Ombre Kitchen Utensils by Lydi Out Loud: These painted serving utensils make a great host(ess) gift.
- Sweet Gingerbread Embroidery Hoop Art by Flamingo Toes: This adorable hoop art is made with felt, fabric scraps, and embroidery.
4 Knitting Patterns
These four free knitting patterns make great host(ess) gifts or home decor. Shown clockwise from top left.
- Bubble Stitch Washcloth by Stitches ‘n’ Scraps: This textured washcloth includes both photo and video tutorials. Pair this with special soap or body gel for a great gift.
- Easy Ripple Washcloth by Underground Crafter: This simple chevron washcloth includes a video tutorial.
- Windmill Pots by Frankie Brown: These square pots are great stash busters.
- Embroidered Daisy Pillow by Fiber Flux: This easy knit pillow includes links to embroidery tutorials.
12 Crochet Patterns
These twelve free crochet patterns include pillows, baskets and plant hangers, kitchen decor, and more.
- L Square Pillow by Underground Crafter: This easy motif project can be customized in favorite team colors or to match a bedspread.
- Holiday Striped Pillow by The Stitchin’ Mommy: This striped pillow can also be customized to match the decor of the recipient.
- Pastel Triangles Pillow by LillaBjörn’s Crochet World: This join-as-you-go pillow uses the corner-to-corner method.
- Giant Cable Pillow by Jessie At Home: Practice your crochet cables while making this stunning pillow.
Center column, from top to bottom:
- Pretty Snowflakes Basket by Divine Debris: This seasonal tapestry crochet basket could also be used to package a large gift.
- Lucky Pineapple Plant Hangers by Moogly: If you’re gifting air plants, be sure to wrap them in the lucky pineapple plant hangers.
- Cactus Pillow by Whistle and Ivy: This fun pillow works up quickly in bulky yarn.
- Donut Scrubby by Fiber Flux: A pair of these cute scrubbies would be great gifts for foodies.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Plush Poms Bath Mat by Blackstone Designs: This textured rug is backed with a grip mat for safety.
- Faux Burlap and Lace Silverware Pockets by Highland Hickory Designs: A set of these would make a great host(ess) gift.
- Cupcake Kitchen Towel by Crochet Dreamz: These cute kitchen towels make a great host(ess) gift.
- Pizza Pillow by Posh Pooch Designs: This fun pillow includes a video tutorial. A matching Pizza Pet Rug is also available.