The Little Dots Coaster is an easy peasy crochet pattern designed to add a handmade touch to your home. Find more inspiration in the post-pattern roundup including 18 free crochet and knitting patterns for winter white décor!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links.Yarn for the sample was generously provided by Wool and the Gang.
I’ll admit it, I don’t always use coasters. But wouldn’t you rather protect your furniture? Plus, the Little Dots Coaster works up so quickly, there’s really no excuse for having rings of condensation on your table.
If coasters aren’t your thing, check out my roundup below the pattern featuring 18 free crochet and knitting patterns for winter white décor. I’ve included blankets, pillows, washcloths, sachets, and even a tablet cover and a wall hanging, so you’re sure to find something perfect for your home. (And, if you’re not a fan of winter white, you can always customize these patterns in your own favorite color!)
If you make your own Little Dots Coaster, I’d love to see it! Share your progress and questions by tagging me on Facebook as @Underground Crafter, Instragram as @ucrafter, or Twitter as @ucrafter. You can also share a picture in the Underground Crafters Facebook group. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a coupon code for your choice of one of my premium patterns and other subscriber goodies. Plus, you’ll never miss one of my free patterns again!
Add the Little Dots Coaster to your Ravelry favorites or queue.
Little Dots Coaster
Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
This easy peasy coaster starts with the same motif as the Little Dots, Big Dots Infinity Scarf.
- Coaster: 5” (13 cm) diameter.
- Wool and the Gang Shiny Happy Cotton yarn (100% Pima cotton, 3.5 oz/100 g/155 yd/142 m) – 1 skein in Out of Space Dyed 101 Dots, or approximately 22 yd (20 m) in any medium weight cotton yarn.
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Motif = 5” (13 cm) diameter in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern
- ch – chain
- dc – double crochet
- ea – each
- rep – repeat
- Rnd(s) – Round(s)
- sc – single crochet
- sk – skip
- sl st – slip stitch
- sp – space
- st – stitch
- * Repeat instructions after asterisks as indicated.
- Ch 1 at beginning of Rnd does NOT count as a stitch.
- Ch 4, sk 3 ch, join with sl st to next ch to form ring.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, 12 dc in ring, join with sl st to first dc. (12 sts)
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, 2 dc in ea st around, join with sl st to first dc. (24 sts)
- Rnd 3: Ch 1, starting in same st, *2 dc in next st, dc in next st; rep from * around, join with sl st to first dc. (36 sts)
- Rnd 4: Ch 1, starting in same st, *sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st; rep from * around, join with sl st to first sc. (48 sts)
- Rnd 5: Ch 1, sc in same st, *ch 4, sk 1 st, sc in next st; rep from * around to last 2 sts, ch 4, sk 1 st, join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off. (24 sc + 24 ch-4 sp)
- With yarn needle, weave in ends.
© 2017 by Marie Segares (Underground Crafter). This pattern is for personal use only. You may use the pattern to make unlimited items for yourself, for charity, or to give as gifts. You may sell items you personally make by hand from this pattern. Do not violate Marie’s copyright by distributing this pattern or the photos in any form, including but not limited to scanning, photocopying, emailing, or posting on a website or internet discussion group. If you want to share the pattern, point your friends to this link: http://undergroundcrafter.com/2017/12/27/crochet-pattern-little-dots-coaster-with-patterns-for-winter-white-decor. Thanks for supporting indie designers!
Add the Little Dots Coaster to your Ravelry favorites or queue.
18 Free Crochet and Knitting Patterns for Winter White Décor
Roundup by Underground Crafter
I’ve searched the web to find some 18 beautiful patterns for home décor in winter white (and various related shades) by some of my favorite designers. Photos are © the designers and are used with permission.
6 Free Knitting Patterns
These patterns include blankets in various sizes and sachets to keep your home smelling fresh.
- Jema Lacy Garter Stitch Baby Blanket, free knitting pattern by Marianna’s Lazy Daisy Days: This pattern is available in three sizes.
- Sweet Sally Sachets, free knitting pattern by Little Church Knits: These sachets can be filled with dried lavender or scented soaps.
- Hidden Hearts, free knitting pattern by Frankie Brown: This blanket is made up of diagonal squares assembled into heart shapes.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Endless Cables Chunky Throw, free knitting pattern by Mama in a Stitch: This Aran-style blanket works up quickly in jumbo yarn.
- Extreme Knitted Blanket, free knitting pattern by All About Ami: This blanket is made with unspun wool roving and includes a link to a tutorial for felting the edges.
- Meadow Sweet Baby Blanket, free knitting pattern by Marianna’s Lazy Daisy Days: This lacy pattern is available in two sizes.
12 Free Crochet Patterns
These 12 free crochet patterns include pillows, blankets, and a washcloth, wall hanging, and tablet cover.
- Fireside Melody Cushion, free crochet pattern by Hopeful Honey: This round pillow is made with jumbo yarn and Poly-Fil.
- Cross Bobble Blanket, free crochet pattern by All About Ami: This textured blanket includes a video tutorial.
- Simple Vintage Pillow, free crochet pattern by The Purple Poncho: This pillow coordinates with the Simple Vintage Blanket.
Second row, from left to right:
- Heirloom Cabled Throw, free crochet pattern by Sewrella: This Aran-style blanket includes a video tutorial.
- Little Dots Coaster, free crochet pattern by Underground Crafter: Just scroll up for this pattern! This coaster is made with the same starting motif as the Little Dots, Big Dots Infinity Scarf.
- Farm House Washcloth, free crochet pattern by Mama in a Stitch: These kitchen cloths include a video tutorial.
Third row, from left to right:
- Herringbone Tablet Cover, free crochet pattern by The Stitchin’ Mommy: This cozy works up quickly in Wool and the Gang Mixtape yarn.
- Celtic Tiles Blanket, free crochet pattern by Lilla Björn Crochet: This heirloom-quality blanket includes a photo tutorial.
- Snow Capped Throw, free crochet pattern by Moogly for Furls: This blanket includes supply lists for one- and two-color variations.
Bottom row, from left to right:
- Newborn Photo Prop Blanket, free crochet pattern by Little Monkeys Crochet: This simple pattern can easily be customized for your preferred size.
- Wall Hanging, free crochet pattern by BobWilson123: This pattern includes both written and video versions.
- Chunky Icelandic Crochet Blanket, free crochet pattern by Mama in a Stitch: Jessica includes a link to her blanket sizing chart so you can adjust the pattern to your preferred size.