I’m going beyond the square today with a roundup of nine free crochet patterns for triangles as part of my celebration of Granny Square Month! These patterns include women’s accessories and home decor projects including blankets, kitchen helpers, and more.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. All photos are © the respective designers and are used with permission.
9 Free Crochet Patterns for Triangle Projects
Roundup by Underground Crafter
- Love Triangles Granny Stripe Baby Blanket by One Dog Woof: This pattern is actually worked in one piece in rows, changing colors throughout to create the look of triangles.
- Totally Triangle Dishcloth by Beatrice Ryan Designs: This scrappy triangle dishcloth would also make a great washcloth.
- Granny Triangle Dishcloth by Oombawka Design: This pattern includes a detailed photo tutorial and an optional edging.
- Cotton Bamboo Head Scarf by Jenn Mauermayer for Jessie At Home: This lightweight head scarf is a great way to use up small bits of yarn.
- Armoured Shawl by Frankie Brown: Triangle motifs are joined to create a textured shawl.
- Triangle Scrubby by Fiber Flux: These triangle scrubbies make great host(ess) gifts. The pattern includes a video tutorial.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- New Waves Barefoot Sandals by B.Hooked Crochet: These simple barefoot sandals are made with a triangle motif. The pattern includes a video tutorial.
- Triangle Lap Blanket by Sue Pinner via Underground Crafter: This lovely blanket is constructed using triangles and small circles.
- Circle to Triangle Bunting by Jessie At Home: This pattern includes detailed progress pictures for making the motifs and joining.
Looking for more triangle inspiration? Try these free crochet patterns from my collection!
- The Pineapples for Everyone Shawl is worked as one giant triangle motif. You can adjust the pattern easily to fit your preferred size.
- The Journey Shawl is also crocheted in one piece as a triangle.
- And, if you’re more into motif projects, try the Traditional Granny Half-Square Triangle, used as part of the Classic Granny with a Twist Blanket.