Hexagons are one of my favorite shapes. Today’s Granny Square Month post is a roundup of twelve free crochet hexagon patterns, including motifs, blankets, a soccer ball, and a rug.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. All photos are © the respective designers and publishers and are used with permission.
12 Free Crochet Hexagon Patterns
Roundup by Underground Crafter
- Post Stitch Hexagon by Underground Crafter: This textured variation on the traditional hexagon motif would make a great scrubby or blanket block.
- Flower to Hexagon Granny by Jessie At Home: This floral hexagon pattern includes several linked video tutorials.
- Little Hexagon Blanket by Marianna’s Lazy Daisy Days: This pattern uses a simple, two color hexagon with an easy border.
- Popcorn Flower Hexagon by Zooty Owl: This textured hexagon is a great scrap buster pattern.
Center column, from top to bottom:
- Hexagon Baby Blanket by Meladora’s Creations: This blanket features a ruffled border and includes both video and photo tutorials.
- Sunburst Hexagon by Persia Lou: This pattern is part of a hexagon crochet along and links to six more free crochet patterns.
- Crab Hexagon by Trifles N Treasures: This pattern is one of the motifs featured in the Ocean Hexi Beach Bag.
- Quilt-Inspired Star Hexagon by B.Hooked: This motif is made up of diamonds and is linked to a video tutorial.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Soccer Ball by Repeat Crafter Me: This makes a great pillow or indoor toy for your favorite soccer fan and is made with hexagons and pentagons.
- Traditional Hexagon Motif by Moogly: This pattern for a classic motif features video tutorials. There is also the matching Traditional Half Hexagon Motif.
- Easy Hexagon Rug by Mary Lamb Becker via FaveCrafts: This rug is made from one large hexagon and includes appliqued motifs on the border.
- Nouveau Chic Granny Throw by Ellen Gormley via FaveCrafts: This blanket combines squares, hexagons, and octagons.