It’s week five of 12 weeks of roundups including free gift ideas for the handmade holidays! Today’s roundup includes gift ideas for your favorite makers, including crocheters, knitters, quilters, sewists, and more. I’ve searched the web to bring you 13 free crochet patterns, 5 free knitting patterns, 4 free sewing patterns, and 5 free crafts tutorials for gifts for makers including project bags, storage, and more. I’ve also included links to several more roundups with over 90 more projects to choose from, so you’re sure to find your next handmade holiday project. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Photos are copyright the respective designer/publisher and are used with permission.
27+ Free Handmade Gift Ideas for Makers
One of my favorite things about gifting handmade gifts to my fellow makers is that the gifts are always appreciated! And when the gift can help the maker with a next project, well that’s just the icing on the cake, isn’t it? Today’s roundup includes all sorts of practical projects, like organizers, and fun projects that let your friend fly their crafty flag!
13 Free Crochet Patterns
These patterns include projects for crocheters, knitters, sewists, quilters, painters, illustrators and brush letterers, and more!
Left column, from top to bottom:
- Plush Crochet Hook by Repeat Crafter Me: This jumbo crochet hook is a great decoration for a yarn or craft room.
- Ninja Hook Case (or not) by Cute and Kaboodle: This pattern includes an amigurumi version and a hook case version.
- Simple Pencil Pouch/Hook Case by The Stitchin’ Mommy: This simple project is a one-skein wonder.
Second column, from top to bottom:
- Felted Crochet Hook Case by Heart Hook Home: This pattern combines light sewing and felting with crochet and includes detailed instructions and pictures for assembly.
- Crafty Carrying Case by Moogly: This portable case can hold a selection of notions for working on crafts on-the-go.
- Zig Zag Striped Belly Basket by One Dog Woof: This basket can be used to store yarn or blankets and quilts.
- Hook & Needle Basket by Yarn + Chai: This desktop basket can be used to decoratively store crochet hooks, knitting needles, markers or pencils, or paint brushes.
Third column, from top to bottom:
- Ammonite Crochet Hook Roll by Look At What I Made: This pattern includes both video and photo tutorials.
- Your Giant Yarn Basket by Oombawka Design: This jumbo yarn basket is crocheted with the waistcoat stitch.
- Craft Pillow by Divine Debris: This tapestry crochet pillow celebrates the love of crafting.
Right column, from top to bottom:
- Wanderlust Chevron Backpack by A Crocheted Simplicity: This stunning backpack also makes a great project bag.
- DIY Yarn Bowl by Malloo: This durable yarn bowl is crocheted with rope.
- Band-Kerchief by Stitches n Scraps: This project is perfect for keeping your hair out of your face while crafting!
5 Free Knitting Patterns
These patterns include gift ideas for crocheters, knitters, and sewists. Shown clockwise from top left.
- Sheep Circular Needles Holder by Cute and Kaboodle: This cute little project can be used to store circular needles or crochet hooks.
- Rainbow Needle Roll by Frankie Brown: This colorful knitting needle roll holds 9 sets of needles and includes instructions for customizing your own set of knitting needles with clay.
- Finger Knit Basket by Stitches n Scraps: This jumbo yarn basket uses plastic canvas for structure.
- Apple Pincushion by Natural Suburbia: This stuffed pincushion apple includes both a stalk and a leaf.
- Needle Store by Frankie Brown: This circular needle storage case uses A6 plastic pockets to keep the needles organized.
4 Free Sewing Patterns
These patterns include carrying cases, ironing pads, and pincushions. Shown clockwise from top left.
- Small Envelope Bag by Jessie at Home: This patchwork project makes the perfect carry all for craft notions.
- Table Top Ironing Pad by Life Sew Savory: This portable ironing pad can be taken to class or used to save space while sewing or crafting.
- Wrist Pincushion by Heather Handmade: This quick-sew project makes a great gift for sewists and quilters.
- Chicken Pincushion via FaveCrafts: These adorable pincushions are perfect for using fabric scraps.
5 Free Crafts Tutorials
These projects include no-sew fabric and felt crafts, basic beading tutorials, and Cricut crafts. Shown clockwise from top left.
- Crocheters Gonna Crochet (or Hookers Gonna Hook) Project Bag by Underground Crafter: This Cricut iron-on project makes a fun project bag for a crocheter.
- Beaded Stitch Markers by The Purple Poncho: This tutorial demonstrates how to make a variety of beaded stitch markers for crochet and knitting and includes a video.
- Makers Gonna Make Tote Bag by Underground Crafter: This Cricut iron-on project shows you how to customize a tote bag for your favorite crafter.
- Sew Cute Needle Book via FaveCrafts: This die-cut project would be a wonderful gift for any one who embroiders, sews, or quilts.
- DIY Mason Jar Sewing Kit via FaveCrafts: This no-sew project makes a cute gift for a sewist.
Still looking for more handmade gift idea inspiration? Check out these roundups for over 90 more project ideas!
- 30+ Handmade Gift Ideas for Crafters including free crochet, knitting, sewing, and crafts projects
- 60+ Tutorials and Cut Files for Fabric and Yarn Lovers including projects that can be made with a Cricut machine