The Mini Christmas Tree is an itty bitty tree that you can use as an appliqué, pin, or ornament. I’ve linked to a tutorial for making an easy, no-sew felt-backed ornament version that does double duty as a gift tag!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Materials for this post were generously provided by Velcro Companies and Yarnspirations Red Heart. Camera generously provided by B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.
If you make your own Mini Christmas Tree project, I’d love to see it! Share your progress and questions by tagging me on Facebook as @Underground Crafter, Instragram as @ucrafter, or Twitter as @ucrafter. You can also share a picture in the Underground Crafters Facebook group. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a coupon code for your choice of one of my premium patterns and other subscriber goodies. Plus, you’ll never miss one of my free patterns again!
Add the Mini Christmas Tree to your favorites or queue on Ravelry.
Mini Christmas Tree
Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
This simple tree can be used as an appliqué, pin, or ornament. Use this tutorial to turn the Mini Christmas Tree into a felt-backed ornament gift tag with VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back for Fabrics Ovals!
- Approximately 3.25” (8 cm) tall.
- Red Heart Super Saver yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g, 364 yd/333 m) – 1 skein each in 368 Paddy Green (CA) and 365 Coffee (CB), or approximately 30 yd (27.5 m) in CA and 15 yd (14 m) in CB in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or any needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be small so that ornament backing doesn’t show through.
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern
- CA – Color A
- CB – Color B
- ch – chain
- sc – single crochet
- sl st – slip stitch
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- * Repeat instructions after asterisk as indicated.
- Click here to find out how to turn this into a felt-backed ornament gift tag with VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back for Fabrics Ovals!
- With CA, ch 2.
- Row 1: Turn, skip 1 ch, 2 sc in next ch. (2 sts)
- Row 2: Turn, ch 1, sc in first st, 2 sc in next st. (3 sts)
- Row 3: Turn, ch 1, sc in first st and in each st across. (Increases by 1 st)
- Rows 4-12: Repeat Row 3, 9 times. Fasten off CA. (13 sts)
- Row 13: Skip 5 sts on Row 12, join CB with sl st to next (sixth) st, ch 1, sc in same st and in each of next 2 sts, skip 5 remaining 5 sts on Row 12. (3 sts)
- Row 14: Turn, ch 1, sc in first st and next 2 sts. (3 sts)
- Rows 15-16: Repeat Row 14 twice. Fasten off CB.
- With yarn needle, weave in ends.