I’m so excited to announce a crochet sampler blanket mystery crochet along for 2020! The Stitch Adventure Blanket will be a way to play with stitches and colors to create your own unique blanket project. This post has all the information you’ll need to get started and participate throughout the year. Join the crochet along to make a fun project, learn new stitches, chat with other crocheters, and enter to win great prizes!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. Yarn for this pattern was generously provided by Paintbox Yarns.
This is the main post for this crochet along. Read on for more details including:
- How the Stitch Adventure Blanket Crochet Along Works,
- Stitch Adventure Blanket Sizes and Yarn Requirements,
- How To Join the Stitch Adventure Blanket CAL,
- Stitch Adventure Blanket Schedule,
- Stitch Adventure Blanket End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes, and
- Enter the Stitch Adventure Blanket End-of-CAL Giveaway.
How the Stitch Adventure Blanket Crochet Along Works
Every Saturday starting January 4, 2020, I’ll share a new post in the Stitch Adventure Blanket Crochet Along. You’ll unlock the mystery of this crochet sampler blanket, row by row!
The Stitch Adventure Blanket is a crochet sampler blanket that will be worked in rows in one piece. Each week, I will share a new section the pattern. If you crochet along in “real time,” you’ll be crocheting about 4 rows a week. Some weeks, you may learn new stitches, while in other weeks, you may repeat previous sections. You are always free to skip a set of stitches you don’t like or repeat sections you do like again later in the blanket. At the end, there will be a border crocheted in the round.
Don’t forget to enter the end-of-CAL giveaway by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Saturday, January 2, 2021 (scroll down for details)!
Stitch Adventure Blanket Sizes and Yarn Requirements
The Stitch Adventure Blanket pattern will be available in 6 sizes to fit the following U.S. bed sizes:
- Twin (38″ x 75″/96.5 cm x 190.5 cm),
- Twin XL/Long Twin (38″ x 80″/96.5 cm x 203 cm),
- Full (53″ x 75″/134.5 cm x 190.5 cm),
- Queen (60″ x 80″/152.5 cm x 203 cm),
- King (76″ x 80″/193 cm x 203 cm), and
- California King (72″ x 84″/183 cm x 208.5 cm).
Your finished Stitch Adventure Blankets will be larger than the mattress sizes listed above because of the border you will add.
Here’s how much yarn you’ll need for each blanket:
- Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 201 yd/184 m):
- Twin: 17 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 3,330 yards/3,044 meters of any medium weight yarn
- Twin XL/Long Twin: 18 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 3,500 yards/3,200.5 meters of any medium weight yarn
- Full: 24 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 4,810 yards/4,398 meters of any medium weight yarn
- Queen: 28 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 5,550 yards/5,075 meters of any medium weight yarn
- King: 35 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 7,030 yards/6,428 meters of any medium weight yarn
- California King: 37 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 7,400 yards/6,766.5 meters of any medium weight yarn
You can choose as many colors as you’d like. While you can even crochet the blanket in one color, I recommend at least 2 colors as some of the stitches will highlight better against a second color.
I recommend using a US Size J-10/6 mm crochet hook, or the size that you prefer using with medium weight yarn.
How To Join the Stitch Adventure Blanket CAL
- You can join in by crocheting along with each section of this crochet sampler blanket as you have time.
- Add the Stitch Adventure Blanket pattern to your Ravelry projects. The ad-free PDF for this project will be free to my newsletter subscribers during the CAL. Sign up for my newsletter here so you never miss a clue!
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #undergroundcrafter and #stitchadventureblanket on all social media. You can also tag me as Underground Crafter on Facebook, or as @ucrafter on Instagram and Twitter when you’re sharing project pictures.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the Underground Crafters Facebook group or the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.
- By the end of the CAL, you’ll have your own beautiful blanket to cuddle up underneath.
- Use the button below on your Ravelry project pages or elsewhere on social media. Right click (on desktop) or tap and hold (on mobile) to save.
Stitch Adventure Blanket CAL Schedule
The Stitch Adventure Blanket Crochet Along is a mystery CAL where you can unlock the mystery, row by row every Saturday! This section will be updated with links as new clues are released.
- December 31: Announcement, Yarn Requirements, and End-of-CAL Giveaway Information (you are here)
- January 4, 2020: Part 1: Foundation Chain, Foundation Row, Shell Stitch
- January 11: Part 2: Straightening the Edge and Lemon Peel Stitch (with video)
- January 18: Part 3: Sedge Stitch
- January 25: Part 4: Track Stitch
- February 1: Part 5: Crossed Double Crochet (with video)
- February 8: Part 6: Silt Stitch
- February 15: Part 7: Double Pebble Stitch
- February 22: Part 8: Mini Floating Boxes
- February 29: Part 9: Double V-Stitch
- March 7: Part 10: Alternating Bobbles
- March 14: Part 11: Wattle Stitch
- March 21: Part 12: Piggyback Stitch
- March 28: Part 13: Moss Stitch
- April 4: Part 14: Alternating Puff Stitch
- April 11: Part 15: Crunch Stitch
- April 18: Part 16: Modified Shell Lace
- April 25: Part 17: Modified Crossbill Stitch
- May 2: Part 18: Grit Stitch
- May 9: Part 19: Basketweave Stitch, Part 1
- May 16: Part 20: Basketweave Stitch, Part 2
- May 23: Part 21: Stacked Mini Shells
- May 30: Part 22: Faux Stockinette Stitch
- June 6: Part 23: Tri-Color Moss Stitch
- June 13: Part 24: Alternating Grit Stitch
- June 20: Part 25: Clusters and Chains
- June 27: Part 26: Crunch Stitch Variation
- July 4: Part 27: Waffle Stitch
- July 11: Part 28: Horizontal Ribbing
- July 18: Part 29: Herringbone Double Crochet
- July 25: Part 30: Suzette Stitch
- August 1: Part 31: Alternating Mock Bobbles
- August 8: Part 32: Small Trellis
- August 15: Part 33: Window Stitch
- August 22: Part 34: Mock Ripple
- August 29: Part 35: Baby Mesh
- September 5: Part 36: Arruga Stitch
- September 12: Part 37: Stacks
- September 19: Part 38: Traveling Bobbles, Part I
- September 26: Part 39
- Parts 40-52
- Crochet at your own pace
- January 2, 2021 Deadline for entering the end-of-CAL giveaways (see below for more details and to enter).
Stitch Adventure Blanket End-of-CAL Giveaway Prizes
You know I love to include giveaways in every crochet along I organize. The prize details for this crochet along will be updated. As prizes are added, they will be listed below.
Hooked for Life Publishing will provide one lucky winner with both a Hookers Rule sticker and Hookers Ruler enamel pin. Now everyone will know how much you love to crochet! Show your support by following Hooked for Life on Facebook | Instagram.
Enter the Stitch Adventure Blanket End-of-CAL Giveaway
- This is the end-of-CAL giveaway for the Stitch Adventure Blanket mystery crochet along hosted and organized by Underground Crafter.
- Enter the end-of-CAL giveaway using any of the options on the Rafflecopter widget below by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on January 2, 2021.
- Winners will be chosen from the entries at random. Each will win one of the prizes listed above.
- Winners will be contacted approximately one week after the entries close. Winners will have one week to claim their prizes. If winners do not respond within one week, prizes will be awarded to alternates.
- The names of winners will be made available in list form by request from Underground Crafter.
- This giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
- Don’t forget to join the fun in the Underground Crafters Facebook group or the Underground Crafter Ravelry group, too!