If you’re looking for an easy crochet sloth pattern, you’ve come to the right place! Sarita Sloth works up quickly in a super bulky yarn and uses simple stitches and techniques, so even a beginner can crochet it.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase using these links. This project is sponsored by Fairfield World, but all opinions and thoughts are my own. Yarn for this project was generously provided by Yarnspirations.
I think sloths are pretty cute, so I’m always trying to find a new project that includes sloths. I’ve shared two crochet sloth patterns here on Underground Crafter in the past, but both are designed by guest contributors.
First, there was the Sloth by Lauren Bergstrom from Mini Crochet Creatures: 30 Amigurumi Animals to Make.
Then, there was Valentine The Sloth by Phaxsi Creations.
Both are adorable, but pocket-sized. After making my Sloth pillow sewing pattern…
… I realized I wanted to design a sloth that’s big enough for hugging. And, that’s when I started making plans for Sarita Sloth!
And, as I was designing, I knew I wanted Sarita Sloth to be a beginner friendly project, so I was sure to stuff her with Fairfield Poly-Fil Crafter’s Choice Dry Packing Fiber Fill. It’s stiffer than regular Poly-Fil and doesn’t poke out between crochet stitches as easily.
Crochet Sloth Pattern by Underground Crafter
This crochet sloth pattern makes a huggable creature sure to delight any child. This is a beginner-friendly crochet project that works up quickly in a super bulky yarn.
- Body measures 12.5” (32 cm) long x 9” (23 cm) wide before sewing on limbs and stuffing.
- Bernat Baby Blanket yarn (100% polyester, 10.5 oz/300 g, 220 yd/201 m) – 2 skeins in 04010 Baby Sand, or approximately 270 yd (245 m) in any super bulky weight yarn
- Bernat Blanket yarn (100% polyester, 10.5 oz/300 g, 220 yd/201 m) – 1 skein each in 10830 Almond (CB) and 10040 Coal (CC), or approximately 25 yd (23 m) each in CB and CC in any super bulky weight yarn.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Crafter’s Choice Dry Packing Fiber Fill, 20 ounce bag.
- US Size K-10.5/6.5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- 15 mm black safety eyes – 1 pair.
- Stitch markers.
- Yarn needle.
- 11 hdc = 4” (10 cm). Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be small so that fiber filling doesn’t show.
Get the free crochet pattern here on the Fairfield website.
If you make your own Sarita Sloth, I’d love to see it! Share your progress and questions by tagging me on Facebook as @Underground Crafter, Instragram as @ucrafter, or Twitter as @ucrafter. You can also share a picture in the Underground Crafters Facebook group. Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a coupon code for your choice of one of my premium patterns and other subscriber goodies. Plus, you’ll never miss one of my free patterns again!
Add Sarita Sloth to your favorites or queue, or buy the ad-free PDF on Ravelry.